GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Tremendous, yes. Where in the world do you find a period correct label maker?

Someone should let him know that the lower fitting on the inboard fuel pump appears to be lockwired backwards. :wink

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thanks for sharing, Great Story.

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX
Awesome story!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Nice! Thanks for posting. Great article, although it downplays the early failures as "...two seasons of testing and research..."

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Great read. Always amazes me to hear of priceless race cars being passed around from this guy to that guy until the right person comes along and restores it. Granted it took him a while.

Vince H

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Wow ,was that impressive ! I forwarded the article to a friend of mine with an unrestored GT40

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Indeed a great story.

This past Thanksgiving I stopped by holman moody in Charlotte. Lee Holman spent nearly an hour showing me around the shop. They have a number of original Mk II tubs sitting around the shop and claim to have all of the parts to make a car identical to those that ran in Le Mans. He was showing me the differences between the original tubs and the Superformance kits. Where steel had been substituted for magnesium, where certain suspension mounting parts were thinner, etc. He had a number of great stories about working the races at Le Mans for his father. And about the X-1 roadster running at Sebring, but because the chassis was aluminum, it flexed way too much. While I was there, I had him sign my Nicholas Watts "Formation Finish" print. If you are ever in Charlotte, it is definitely worth stopping by and checking out the shop.