Great news on FGT values in "Sports Car Market"

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Many of you may be familiar with Keith Martin through his TV show ... What's My Car Worth. His magazine, Sports Car Market, has great articles and reports on auctions and values. I just received my October issue and it has a Mark II Black Ford GT on the cover. It's 2005 car #2 owned by long term Ford Board Member Michael Dingman. The car recently sold at auction for $242,000. Following is a quote from the article.

"... and then something happened that shocked even Ford GT owners - prices started to go up. This happens with very few modern supercars, and usually not within the first decade (the Ferrari F40 is one of the few exceptions I can think of). Today, a near new 2006 with low miles will easily sell for $175k plus ... roughly $15k over MSRP ... and demand for great examples again outstrips supply."

So boys and girls, you made a smart investment and unlike your stock portfolio, you can have fun in it to boot!

usmcfred

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Great news for my kids as I don't plan to sell.

Ed

tmctguer

GT Owner
Jan 11, 2010
dana point, CA
Mr. Martin puts out two great magazines. He seems to have a dream job.......totally immersed in car auctions, collector car values, research on historically significant automobiles, and good old fashioned driving of very cool cars.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Same here !

Great news for my kids as I don't plan to sell.

Ed

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Keith helped me buy a car years ago (a special 92 Viper). SCM has gone back and forth grading the GT A or C etc . I even had a letter to Keith published in SCM on the issue months ago . I think now they are being consistent. BTW, it is a great mag and Keith is a good guy

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
My 10 year old already laid claim to it....

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I finally found a copy of this magazine and not really being a big Fan of Keith Martin I thought this article, which was not written by him, was very complimentary of the GT. I also was really impressed with all the pictures and details of a wide range of collector cars included in the mag. I think I will subscribe

AHudson

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2009
Alabama
In the current issue (December) there is a letter to the editor basically supporting the 'why' of the GT's price/popularity increase among modern collector cars. Great magazine all around, and I'm sure their next Price Guide will show an uptick. Just a bonus for owning these fabulous cars.

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
It's 2005 car #2 owned by long term Ford Board Member Michael Dingman.
I chatted to Michael in the Bahamas last year. He was starting to sell parts of his collections then I believe, stating that as he was spending more and more of his time on the island hanging on to it was pointless.

Lovely chap.