Great Experience Today

6s219

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 30, 2010
Covina, CA
I took the GT out today and I noticed there was a little boy in the car with his father trying to take pictures of the car. They pulled up next to me and the son (probably 12 years old) was leaning across his dad to get a close up picture. I rolled down the passenger window and told them to pull into the parking lot across the street where he could get some close up shots.
While we were in the parking lot the dad his son and daughter were taking pictures and asking about the car. I told the little boy to get in and have his dad take his picture. The look on his face was priceless! The daughter also asked if she could have here picture taken as well.
I’m not sure who enjoyed the moment more, me, or that little boy!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ha, ha, wait till the old, fat women stop you in the gas station (when you can't get away) and tell you they will have an orgasm for a ride. This is common occurence for Silverbullit, DBTGT and StormCat.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Ha, ha, wait till the old, fat women stop you in the gas station (when you can't get away) and tell you they will have an orgasm for a ride. This is common occurence for Silverbullit, DBTGT and StormCat.

I've never experienced that but one time I had some foul woman (I think she was female) at a gas station essentially tell me I was selfish and insensitive to the environment. She wasn't quite that articulate and didn't enunciate very clearly but she opined well for a bovine.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I took the GT out today and I noticed there was a little boy in the car with his father trying to take pictures of the car. They pulled up next to me and the son (probably 12 years old) was leaning across his dad to get a close up picture. I rolled down the passenger window and told them to pull into the parking lot across the street where he could get some close up shots.
While we were in the parking lot the dad his son and daughter were taking pictures and asking about the car. I told the little boy to get in and have his dad take his picture. The look on his face was priceless! The daughter also asked if she could have here picture taken as well.

I've never experienced that but one time I had some foul woman...at a gas station essentially tell me I was selfish and insensitive to the environment.

I've had similar experiences (and much preferred the former). I'd wager 90% of GT owners have too...and those who haven't will. The car is a people magnet.

You made those kid's day, '219. They'll BOTH be talking about it for the next 2 weeks! 'Way to go, sir. :thumbsup

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
One of the joys of owning the FGT is offering the seat to kids at car shows.

Howard

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
I have also has the same experience. The kids and parents love it. I have had 2 other very interesting experiences while driving - getting frantically waved over by a BRIDAL PARTY for the bride and groom to take pictures in and around the car in their wedding attire. Now that is really fun.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA

I carry a handful of FGT Hot Wheels for such occasions.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
^^^^ - that is a good idea

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington

+1

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan

That's too cool! It's fun to share, that's what it's all about. I've done that at car shows as well and have also done it with my Indy car. I keep a rubber mat for kids to step on getting into the cockpit when I let them sit behind the driver's wheel. they get a real kick when I take the removable steering off for them to get in. It;s a blast to watch their face! I don't think a bovine would fit in the Indy car- lucky me!

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
Applause to all that share the good fortune of owning such wonderful cars and rolling works of art. Just wait till the time one of the kids that had the opportunity to sit or ride in your car comes back to you several years later and reminds you of what you did for them. It will melt your heart. And, don't discount us "grown-ups" either. I know this is probably on the more rare of occurrences but, my friend that owns a 06 FGT gave me the key and told me to be back before dark or just prior to running the gas tank dry. Think I'll remember that day and this friend for the rest of my life? DJ.

PS: Kingman, love your style!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
That's what owning a Ford GT is all about. Share it and enjoy it. In many areas of the country Kids will never get the opportunity to see a real GT in person. They will never forget that experience in their lifetime. Thats the veary least we can do for others. We are very Blessed. Tomy

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Like many of you I "try" to go by the adage , "to whom much is given, much is expected". I also have miniature cars I hand out to kids and almost always let folks sit in my cars. Every now and then you get a knucklehead, but for each of them there are many others who truly enjoy the experience and are appreciative.

Button

Jul 11, 2009
Iowa
I'll chime in here as one who is on the other side of ownership. Every GT owner I've met was a true example of a "salt of the earth" person. I've gotten closer to these amazing cars than I ever thought possible, but only because of the true kindness of owners. I even have one, if not two rides promised in the spring if this wretched snow ever melts.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
That's what owning a Ford GT is all about. Share it and enjoy it. In many areas of the country Kids will never get the opportunity to see a real GT in person. They will never forget that experience in their lifetime. Thats the veary least we can do for others. We are very Blessed. Tomy

Tomy, I couldn't agree with you more. It's funny, when I take the GT out I often think that I am "sharing" it... letting others enjoy the look, the gracefulness, the raw sound, the cozy interior, etc. Yeah, maybe this sounds arrogant - but it is far from that. I love talking about the car. I love fellow "car people" from the very old to the very young that give you the thumbs up when they see the GT. I'm fortunate enough to be the caretaker during this brief slice of time, but I try to do my part to share the experience as much as possible.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

+3 Classy! :thumbsup

Where is a good place to get those hotwheels?

http://www.amazon.com/Wheels-2009-M...toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1298497171&sr=1-46

Last edited:

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
+3 Classy! :thumbsup

Where is a good place to get those hotwheels?

http://www.amazon.com/Wheels-2009-M...toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1298497171&sr=1-46

There is a local Hobby shop that sells diecasts close by. The owner sets a bunch of FGT's aside for when I stop in. At ~$1/car it's win win.

My father is a car guy and he had a bunch of car guy buddies back in Detroit that introduced this to me as a child.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I've never experienced that but one time I had some foul woman (I think she was female) at a gas station essentially tell me I was selfish and insensitive to the environment. She wasn't quite that articulate and didn't enunciate very clearly but she opined well for a bovine.

People do crazy things with the Cobra too. I was going home one afternoon and someone was driving erratically in front of me. I was about ready to call and report a DUI when someone stood up in the front seat through the sunroof, turned backwards and started taking my picture!

That's in addition to the looks and ooohs an aaaahs that happen during the normal day. Harley riders are especially positive. They always wave at other bikes, but so far every bike that I pass also waves at the Cobra.

Regarding bovines. I had someone do that to me with the Cobra once. She was in a Prius. I thanked her for her ecological conscious and told her I liked the theory of electric vehicles for short commutes. Then I told her I appreciated her gas. She didn't know what to say.

Last edited:

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Regarding bovines. I had someone do that to me with the Cobra once. She was in a Prius. I thanked her for her ecological conscious and told her I liked the theory of electric vehicles for short commutes. Then I told her I appreciated her gas. She didn't know what to say.
Whenever someone starts "spouting green" at me from their Prius, I just ask them what are they going to do with the batteries when it's time to replace them. Usually they just go blank.

Infantryman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2011
Ohio
I carry a handful of FGT Hot Wheels for such occasions.

Kudos! What a great idea.

Having just had mine out and about a bit today (really for the first time), I've already experienced the "gas station effect." That's fun. What's a bit more alarming is people getting out of their car when you're stopped at a stop light, so they can run up along side (or in front of) you, between the columns of cars waiting at the light, to snap some pictures. I almost feel like one might need an external speaker, like the police have... "PLEASE, stay IN your car!" :)