Gran Turismo - American muscles meet Italian curves

enrico

GT Owner
Jul 20, 2010
London, UK
....after months of wait I finally got my hands on a low miles '05 (white with blue stripes). It's my first post here, but I must confess that this forum has been my bible for the last few months - this is truly a great community and it breathes passion for the FGT in every post - congrats everybody, and thanks.

It took 3 (loooooong) months to get my car from the US to the UK, had never driven in one before so you can only imagine how it felt the first time, must say it was really worth every second of the wait now!

I got the car with 2.4k miles on, being 26 (and a little bit stupid) I took it immediately for an (addictive) trip through Europe, so now the car has some 1.4k miles more, in just a weekend.

I am posting a few pic below, hope you like them. The route was London - brussels - frankfurt - schwarzwald - st moritz - san bernardino - stelvio - treviso. Some truly amazing roads in between, the FGT drove wonderfully and managed to generate crowds at each and every stops, people loved it and i started to feel like tom cruise.... :confused

Anyways, car is soon to be back in the UK through Autostrada dei Fiori - Montecarlo - Rue Napoleon, will keep you posted!!!

Again, thanks for the wonderful community...

P.s. the Borla GTX exhausts caused some problems (and some serious panic), first the scary yellow "check engine" light came on, which wasn't funny, then they overheated (together with some of my spirited driving) the clutch over the stelvio pass - see pick below - i got to the top of the pass and lost 50% of the clutch travel. Thank god I found some Aston Martin test drivers (testing the DBS new packages) who helped my diagnose fuel overheating rather than a full clutch breakdown... :eek

album.php

album.php

Attachments

• IMG_0138.jpg
    IMG_0138.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_0356.jpg
    IMG_0356.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_0318.jpg
    IMG_0318.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 287
H

HHGT

Absolutely a wonderful story. Enjoy her to the fullest... Congrats....

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Enjoy! but be careful!

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
She looks great and WOW what a trip to start out with, I'm green with envy.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Congratulations and thanks for the great pictures. Looks like perfect roads for that GT!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
CONGRATS on your purchase & welcome to The 'Forum, sir!

'Appreciate those photos!!!!!!! What great scenery!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Which pass is in the 2nd picture? After Le Mans, I had the joy of traveling over OberalpPass and Sustenpass on my way back to Geneva from Hungary - wish it had been in my GT! Wonderful driving roads!

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Awesome photos Enrico. I am very envious!

Please do keep us updated on your adventure.

Adios

GT Owner
Apr 24, 2010
E. Washington State
Nice very nice.Be careful with snow on the side of the road. The roadway must be cold for the GT to grip.

enrico

GT Owner
Jul 20, 2010
London, UK
Thanks guys for the kind messages... the pass in the picture is the Stelvio (the side that goes to Merano), I actually went up the other side of the mountain (but was too busy enjoying the GT to take any pictures :) ). Hairpins are a little bit wider and you can risk oversteering a bit w/o risking to much!

Tarmac was ok-ish in temperature but again, yeah, i take all the advices to be careful!! All those phonies in the back wheels deserve a LOT of respect...

Ralphie - great roads there... hope to update you all with some picture of Rue Napoleon, that must be pretty nice as well!! Couple of friends of mine were there a couple of weeks ago, but i a 911, so could not have enjoyed as much as in a FGT!!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Congrats on the car - hopefully we'll get to meet up at some stage as you're not too far from me.

Namor

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2008
London, UK
many congrats. wanted to do Milla Miglia and Stelvio with my FGT this year but ran out of time. Went to the Ring and Spa instead.

Always imagined Stelvio would be too tight to enjoy in FGT.

I'd highly recommend a whipple once you start feeling restless. Definitely moves the thrill factor up a few notches. Got mine installed by Evolution in May and had no issues at all.

enrico

GT Owner
Jul 20, 2010
London, UK
Spa is in the to do list indeed, the stelvio is pretty tight in some spot but overall a v nice drive. Loved the San Bernardino to be honest, very wide and twisty roads, only problem is that you end up doing 160-180 kmph too easily there, and there is swiss police around rather than the more friendly italians!

I was more inclined to do a pulley rather than upgrading supercharger, keeps the car more "stock"... bumper delete is also in my wish list, btw do you guys have it and if so has any insurance complained about it here in the uk?

Namor

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2008
London, UK
Ummm, not sure I'll answer the insurance question. just keep the old parts! I had pulley done before I drove the car so no clue how bigger a difference it would make, that said its pretty inexpensive so hardly wasted if you decide you want more. Bumper delete is a must in my view.