Gran Torino - Special Features

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
The new 'Gran Torino' DVD is not only a very good movie (with I think special pertinence to Detroit/Michigander's), but they also included 2 very nice vignette extras in the 'Special Features' section.

The vignettes speak to why 'Men' and 'Cars' are synonymous, with the second featuring quite a few clips and interviews from last year’s 'Woodward Cruise'.:driving:

...get the DVD:thumbsup

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
...oh just heard (since the Forum has been talking about celebrities (hmmmm, when are we going to talk about Brittney??).

For the boys in Detroit, 'Clint' found his lodgings at the Townsend Hotel in Birmingham, hung out at 220 Merrill, and will be back later this year for another flick.

Now if we can get him to drive a GT and share his opinion.............well we will have pretty much rounded out the "Hollywood Car Guys' as GT drivers.:cool

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
I just don't picture The Man With No Name behind the wheel of a FGT... or even vintage GT40. Big power muscle seems more appropriate, or perhaps something with finesse like a GT350 R code ;)

GREAT movie :) Picked up the Blu Ray earlier

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
...oh just heard (since the Forum has been talking about celebrities (hmmmm, when are we going to talk about Brittney??).

For the boys in Detroit, 'Clint' found his lodgings at the Townsend Hotel in Birmingham, hung out at 220 Merrill, and will be back later this year for another flick.

Now if we can get him to drive a GT and share his opinion.............well we will have pretty much rounded out the "Hollywood Car Guys' as GT drivers.:cool

I hope this really, truly is a joke and not a subconscious urge to really talk about Britney. :lol

However, you redeamed yourself about getting Dirty Harry to drive a Ford GT.:thumbsup

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I just don't picture The Man With No Name behind the wheel of a FGT... or even vintage GT40. Big power muscle seems more appropriate, or perhaps something with finesse like a GT350 R code ;)

GREAT movie :) Picked up the Blu Ray earlier

Dirty Harry liked his Ferrari's....

I also understand that he owned a Ferrari that Paul Newman raced.

Attachments

• img04pop.jpg
    img04pop.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 191
  • eastwood-ferrari.jpg
    eastwood-ferrari.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 187
  • article-1020305-0148DC8400000578-902_468x286.jpg
    article-1020305-0148DC8400000578-902_468x286.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 188

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I hope this really, truly is a joke and not a subconscious urge to really talk about Britney. :lol

However, you redeamed yourself about getting Dirty Harry to drive a Ford GT.:thumbsup

:lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

He evidently still has the Ferrari Sergio Leone gave him as well (for all the "spagetti westerns" he did with him).

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI

Impressive! Well, looks can be deceiving!

Those 512's really are fun to drive :) (2nd Ferrari I ever drove)

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Those 512's really are fun to drive :) (2nd Ferrari I ever drove)

I want one of those bad boys ever since Pops brought the 365 GT4 BB and Countach brochures home from the Geneva Show in '71.

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Jumping on the Bluray soon thanks for the heads up :).