Got a FGT TODAY!!!

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
Superfly...thanks, I PMed him....

RPM....had the Hot Buttons waiting...haha....done. Floor mats ordered today from Andrew. Exhaust, yeah, that's the biggie.....and I hate that it's linked to my bumper delete or not decision, otherwise I'd be working on that now......thinking....comments on bumper delete? My son REALLY likes it......he's lurking......

thanks

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
I can certainly relate to the bumping of the head on the GT door and the burning of the leg on the cobra pipes , I own both cars and have experienced both very uncomfortable incidents , even drew blood on the GT door ( Ouch !!)

At least 2 guys chimed in here noteing that they have a GT and a cobra , how many others on the forum share my addiction for the two most famous muscle cars of all time

zrchris

GT Owner
Aug 12, 2009
Brentwood TN
Yes, through my own website I offer a better price (no ebay fees):

http://www.core-shifters.com/servlet/the-Ford-GT/Categories

I've started offering "real" billiard ball shift knobs in addition to the striped knobs w/ shift pattern.

thanks!

Chris

Yep, as far as I know, ZR Chris bought the remaining inventory of Short Shifters. And those are the ones on ebay. Contact him direct from here, he might (not saying he does) offer a slightly better price from the forum (I know he'd save Ebay fees anyway). While you're talking to him, you could consider a billiard ball shift knob. They look good. Well, I think so anyway. And if you're decorating the shifter anyway, you should also consider the shift sleeve and leather boot from Andrew at ExotiCare.

But I totally concur, short shifter is one of the BEST mods you can do. My faves are that one, the lowering perches (or Penske coilovers like I've got now) and the Pulley/Tune/Exhaust. Everything else is a bonus (especially twin turbos - BIG bonus!!!).

Enjoy your ride. And welcome to the madhouse.

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
OK Chris....order placed......

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Yeah yeah...too many Shelbys around here.....I meant Shelby Smith.....lol...I guess when you referred to the Vegas Bash the wrong Shelby came to my mind?

Yes, the "Vegas Bash" is the continuation of Carroll Shelby's birthday party, first held on his 85th birthday at the Shelby American factory in Las Vegas. It used to be in January, but now a little later than helps us folks on the other side of the Continental Divide.

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
Sounds cool....what sort of activities does it involve?

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
Speaking of Shelby, here's a pic I have from back in the day of him doing some press business with my dad in front of one of the early Cobras......

scan0014.jpg

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Sounds cool....what sort of activities does it involve?

Some social activities like dinner with talks by some of the drivers and crew from the 60's, etc. Track time at the Spring Mountain track in Pahrump, etc. Other drives in the area. Haven't been to one yet but been trying for a while.

Details here:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/forum/288-shelby-vegas-bash-2013/

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Speaking of Shelby, here's a pic I have from back in the day of him doing some press business with my dad in front of one of the early Cobras......

It looks like your dad is thinking "did Ray Charles weld this thing together?"

Cool pic.

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
Tony.....ok cool, sounds like fun.

Sinovac.....I do remember him telling me he thought Carroll was crazy with this car, but of course he was wrong........but you're right....it doesn't look very sophisticated in this pic......

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Tony.....ok cool, sounds like fun.

Sinovac.....I do remember him telling me he thought Carroll was crazy with this car, but of course he was wrong........but you're right....it doesn't look very sophisticated in this pic......

Third grade English test question:

Use sophisticated and Cobra in the same sentence.

This is an n-p complete problem. No known solution exists.

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I like the color!

I was thinking the same thing :)

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
comments on bumper delete?...thanks

Comments below :thumbsup

rawAZB_04541024.jpg

CP-FGT-Rear.jpg

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
Yeah, Shelby told me this was the only one made in the rare color of Mark IV red.......lol........

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
Yep, it does kind of look perfect that way huh. And I do like the CDC best.......

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Yep, it does kind of look perfect that way huh. And I do like the CDC best.......

Well, I'm biased, but yes - it does :)

Enjoy her.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Comments below :thumbsup

rawAZB_04541024.jpg

CP-FGT-Rear.jpg
It does look so hot without the bumper!! I just can't bring myself to do it!!!!

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I agree! It's stunning, but I'd have to change the exhaust too...:(

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Red is red hot!

Enjoy. Congrats and welcome to the club!!!

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
but there should be a good market here for bumper exhausts???

Waxer...thanks.....