Goodyears on sale

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
https://www.onlinetires.com Rears on sale for $484.15 + shipping. They were $615 last year. I can't vouch for freshness of this batch, but the pair I got last year were less than six months old.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
New "fresh" Bridgestones are still less$, and much more rewarding to drive on!!!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Hoosiers better yet!

Ed

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I'm not driving behind you if you're on Hoosiers! ;)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Hoosiers better yet!

Ed
Ed convinced me to go with Hoosiers. I tend to dump tires do to age not wear so Hoosier will last me just a long as anything else.

Though I do drive more then EP does. :lol

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Ed convinced me to go with Hoosiers. I tend to dump tires do to age not wear so Hoosier will last me just a long as anything else.

Though I do drive more then EP does. :lol
So does a dead person!!!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Although I swore to not drive behind Ed, I did and got a stone chip in the windshield. No worries over that...and we had the drive of our lives until roketman got between us and slowed us down. hehe.

The on-sale Goodyears have a mfg date of the 15th week of 2011. I am good with that. 9k miles on the last set from just a year ago. These new rears will not get to old age.

In the meantime, I wish I knew of a place in the Sarasota area where I could do some safe donuts to finish off my old bald rear tires.

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Although I swore to not drive behind Ed, I did and got a stone chip in the windshield. No worries over that...and we had the drive of our lives until roketman got between us and slowed us down. hehe.

The on-sale Goodyears have a mfg date of the 15th week of 2011. I am good with that. 9k miles on the last set from just a year ago. These new rears will not get to old age.

In the meantime, I wish I knew of a place in the Sarasota area where I could do some safe donuts to finish off my old bald rear tires.

Old in terms of rubber tires age does make a difference, think pencil eraser. Luckily you live in a climate where the compound will stay reasonably soft even after the tire has bled out most of it's moisture. Also depends on whether you do an initial "heat cycle" and then how many subsequent cycles after that. Additionally keeping it out of the sun helps quite a bit.
Best,
Bret.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Old in terms of rubber tires age does make a difference, think pencil eraser. Luckily you live in a climate where the compound will stay reasonably soft even after the tire has bled out most of it's moisture. Also depends on whether you do an initial "heat cycle" and then how many subsequent cycles after that. Additionally keeping it out of the sun helps quite a bit.
Best,
Bret.

Tough to get a tire heat cycle driving on the road. Actually, impossible in a normal car with normal driving. On a heat cycling machine or on the track are the only options. Need 170-180 deg for 10-15 min then no use for 24 hours. Drive as much as you can on the road & check it with a pyrometer. Unless you have extreme heavy load, high ambient temp & sustained high speed the tires temp will not be over 170.

Ed

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Tire Rack will HC them before they deliver.
True for the road, but many guys, myself included, open track or club track their cars. After a good run for 20 minutes with high ambient the tires will have heat cycled.

Best, Bret.

Last edited:

05 Ford GT

GT Owner
Oct 20, 2005
Excelsior Springs Mo.
Ed,

Do you have a picture of the Hoosiers on your car. I am debating on which tires I want to put on. I drive the car only on streets (no track) but want it to look right.

Mike

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You do not want the Hoosiers for the street in the Midwest. One little light rain and you'd be sorry.