Goodwood Revival -Others going?

DUROC

GT Owner
Aug 6, 2006
Westchester, NY
Anybody going to the Goodwood Revival in England at the end of August? I'm looking forward to going -- my first.

Here's a link to the website for those who don't know about it.
http://www.goodwood.co.uk/revival/

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
I want to make it a 2008 trip. I hear getting a hotel is difficult, was it tough making arrangments?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hell yes!! Missed it last year, never again let two years go by. The best vintage event in the world, bar none. Lets hook up.

Fran RCR

Dec 26, 2006
Metro Detroit
Making plans at the moment....

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Great, make sure you get pit passes. I used to belong to the Driver's Club, but my membership expired and now there is a waiting list. Can't wait, Mrs. Bony is making me take her to Ireland for 7 days... hello Mr. Bushmills, Mr. Jameson, Mr. Powers and there might be a shortage of Murphy's when we leave. :)

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I'll be there on Friday and Saturday - I just hope the weather improves!

I'm also selling an Aston in the Bonhams auction.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I'll be there on Friday and Saturday - I just hope the weather improves!

I'm also selling an Aston in the Bonhams auction.

Hello,
Just sent you an email. Bonham's Goodwood is normally their number one or two auction of their year, their other top dollar auction is Monte Carlo in conjunction with the races.
Cheers,
daniel

fordcapri

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2006
Just booked my tickets this morning, looks a great event, and could be on a regular events list for myself each year now, looking at it.

DUROC

GT Owner
Aug 6, 2006
Westchester, NY
Chris, I don't know about arrangements. I was fortunate that a London friend asked us to join him and he made all arrangements. My wife and I are staying in London and we will probably go by train.

We'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Don't know how GTers might get together but will gladly send a private message with my cellphone number (works in UK) to anyone who wants to connect while there.

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Chris, I don't know about arrangements. I was fortunate that a London friend asked us to join him and he made all arrangements. My wife and I are staying in London and we will probably go by train.

We'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Don't know how GTers might get together but will gladly send a private message with my cellphone number (works in UK) to anyone who wants to connect while there.

Thats good news for you...I hear it's one of the best events on the planet. If you get any leads on where to stay please PM for my 08 trip. I hear you need to book rooms a year in advance to stay local.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
My cell phone is 559 246 7943 will be there Friday, Saturday and Sunday...
Hope the weather drys out...

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Thats good news for you...I hear it's one of the best events on the planet. If you get any leads on where to stay please PM for my 08 trip. I hear you need to book rooms a year in advance to stay local.

Chris, let me know when you come to plan this trip (you'll have to wait, of course, for Goodwood to announce the 2008 dates) and I can help with some hotel/inn suggestions and bookings.

Part of the pleasure of Goodwood is staying a little distance away - the drive through some lovely country lanes surrounded by exotic cars of every type also driving there, is superb.

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Chris, let me know when you come to plan this trip (you'll have to wait, of course, for Goodwood to announce the 2008 dates) and I can help with some hotel/inn suggestions and bookings.

Part of the pleasure of Goodwood is staying a little distance away - the drive through some lovely country lanes surrounded by exotic cars of every type also driving there, is superb.

Thanks:thumbsup..I'm adding you to my "buddy" list so I can remember your offer.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime

Neil,
thanks again for getting me sorted out with hotel and tickets. Looking forward to meet up there, and finally meet legendary Bonyhadi man in person. We'll have fun !
:thumbsup
Stefan

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Greetings from LAX.
Stefan, kindly send to my Blackberry address your cell number. Mine is 559 246 7943
Pip-Pip old man!
Cherrio!
Daniel

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Neil,
thanks again for getting me sorted out with hotel and tickets. Looking forward to meet up there, and finally meet legendary Bonyhadi man in person. We'll have fun !
:thumbsup
Stefan

" We'll have fun ! " You can count on it. Daniel is one fine person.

Just wish I could be there too! Next year for sure.

Enjoy yourselves.

Post some photo's when you get a chance.

DUROC

GT Owner
Aug 6, 2006
Westchester, NY
Are all the American's coming this year clear on the requirement that you must dress in the style of the 1960s (or before)?

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Are all the American's coming this year clear on the requirement that you must dress in the style of the 1960s (or before)?

we'll be dressing werry inglisch ! :wink:thumbsup

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
My normal daily attire is a tweed jacket, flat cap, plus fours and brogues, so I have no need to change into anything particular.... :wink

Stefan - no problem, glad to help.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
My normal daily attire is a tweed jacket, flat cap, plus fours and brogues, so I have no need to change into anything particular.... :wink

Stefan - no problem, glad to help.

Neil,
Are you bringing pheasant shooters and your dogs?

How "English" would that be!

Next year for sure. Enjoy.

Jeff