Goodwood Revival or Festival of Speed?

Tomcat

GT Owner
I have enjoyed Pebble Beach and Amelia equally. Any first-hand recommendations between Revival and FOS?

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
goodwood!

Tomcat

GT Owner
goodwood!
There seem to be two Goodwoods each year, the Festival of Speed (11-14 July 2024) and the Revival (6 - 8 September 2024)...or are you saying ANY Goodwood would be good :)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I haven’t been yet, but when I asked the same question, I was told the Revival hands-down.

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Revival. One of the most fulfilling trips I've ever taken. I will definitely go again.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The Goodwood revival its simply epic! One of not the greatest events Ive ever been to!
Get the idea?
Go it’s amazing. Fun dressing period correct too.

Attachments

• IMG_0808.jpeg
    IMG_0808.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0819.jpeg
    IMG_0819.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0840.jpeg
    IMG_0840.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0882.jpeg
    IMG_0882.jpeg
    899.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0887.jpeg
    IMG_0887.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0812.jpeg
    IMG_0812.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0716.jpeg
    IMG_0716.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0706.jpeg
    IMG_0706.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0698.jpeg
    IMG_0698.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0711.jpeg
    IMG_0711.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 22
Reactions: Vince H and extrap

Tomcat

GT Owner
Keep 'em coming...

Reactions: roketman

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Keep 'em coming...
I got tons of pictures
But even with tons of pictures, it doesn’t do it justice. My advice is get there a day early go on the website and work out where you can stay at night. You can rent RVs on the grounds as well as many versions, depending on what you want to spend.
It does sell out, so if you’re serious about going, you should sign right up. And book lodging
Feel free to private message me and I’ll be glad to talk to you about anything I can do to help you

Reactions: steved57

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
I would agree Revival is the pick of those two events. The FOS is a bit of a victim of its own success in that it's really busy now and that takes a lot of the fun out of it. It's more of a moving car show - the competition element is peripheral.
Revival is pretty busy too but not so much as to spoil the event. The track action is always good.

One other to consider is the Goodwood Members Meeting (which is not strictly members only any more) it's similar to the revival without so much razzmattazz and a lot less people. Also it has wider vehicle ages on track (Revival is pre 1966 only) so you get to see some great later cars too. Only caveat for the Members Meeting is being at the start of the season weather can be a bit colder (they had snow during the racing in 2018).

I'd suggest checking out some of the many youtube videos of each event to give you an idea.

Worth getting accommodation booked as far ahead as possible as it gets booked up near the venue very quickly.

Reactions: Vince H

Tomcat

GT Owner
I would agree Revival is the pick of those two events. The FOS is a bit of a victim of its own success in that it's really busy now and that takes a lot of the fun out of it. It's more of a moving car show - the competition element is peripheral.
Revival is pretty busy too but not so much as to spoil the event. The track action is always good.

One other to consider is the Goodwood Members Meeting (which is not strictly members only any more) it's similar to the revival without so much razzmattazz and a lot less people. Also it has wider vehicle ages on track (Revival is pre 1966 only) so you get to see some great later cars too. Only caveat for the Members Meeting is being at the start of the season weather can be a bit colder (they had snow during the racing in 2018).

I'd suggest checking out some of the many youtube videos of each event to give you an idea.

Worth getting accommodation booked as far ahead as possible as it gets booked up near the venue very quickly.
Talk about getting it from the "local" source...Thank you!
These guys have Goodwood package:

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Revival is on my list but I’ve done FOS 5-6 times and it’s magnificent. However, you must do it via a big exhibitor in order to get the VIP treatment and access to special places. I always went with McLaren and they fly you in and out via helicopter to avoid traffic, get you seats at the Ball with the Duke of Richmond, get you a seat in something for a run up the hill, etc, etc. their VIP space is also perfect as a base when you get tired as it’s right smackin the middle of things. You need two days to see everything, but if you’re into studying every kind of high- performance car from the Beast of Turin to the latest F1, it’s the place to be!

Reactions: steved57 and Tomcat

aashelby

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2016
Dallas
I would vote the Revival for the First trip. I have done both and enjoyed both. We had the Carroll Centennial celebration last year at the Revival and it was awesome. The ability to get up close to all the cars in the paddock is really special and the atmosphere around the whole event is unlike anything else I have attended.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I haven’t been yet, but when I asked the same question, I was told the Revival hands-down.
Absolutely - The Revival!

I’ve Attended, and it’s my favorite auto/people event far and away. Book early on accommodations/tickets - it’s quite popular, and for good reason! Also, note that for the best experience, you should wear proper Revival attire. You most assuredly won’t be disappointed!

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
The Revival is unlike any other event I’ve ever been to. It is absolutely amazing and huge. I’ve attended 3 times and plan to go again with my wife in 2025.

For each time I go, I end up enjoying it even more …. Trying to relax, not try to see everything but just live “the Goodwood” way ….

The “Glamping” option right next to the track is perfect. Nothing better than arriving at the track together with the officials and volunteers - when everything wakes up and before the spectators arrive ….

Bacon Buddy’s are awesome 😎
IMG_6355.jpegIMG_6366.jpegIMG_6367.jpegIMG_6351.jpegIMG_6323.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Cobrar

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Have we met before at the Goodwood revival?