Goodbye Bridgestone Scuderia Rear Tires??

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I went to purchase a set for a new (female) GT owner and discovered that Tire Rack has zero inventory and zero on order. I called my rep there and he said when there is no pending order from them to the manufacturer, it usually means that the tire is no longer produced. I then turned to local suppliers and they managed to scare up a pair but said that they did not have any visibility on anything being available in the future.... Shucks!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I just called Bridgestone USA and was told they can't find the 345/35R19 tire in their system. I was told it is "likely" the tire was discontinued since it was not in the system. If you need tires in the near term, you may want to try to locate a set of the rear tires.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Panic in 3...2...1..

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Damn, this sucks.
I was just ready to move over to a set of front/rear Bridgestones based in part due to the glowing remarks made by previous owners ....

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Indy, I have a set of lightly used rears I'll sell for $1,500 FOB Largo. They are collector items now.

Seriously, you might be able to find a set. I would call around.

Matt

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
I think we're okay here: http://www.performanceplustire.com/products/tires/searchType/searchBySize/tireSize/345_SLASH_35-19

I just checked with Anthony Gemmellaro at Ferrari of Tampa Bay and he's not worried about being able to supply this tire to his 4 Enzo customers. Nevertheless, might not be a bad idea to snag a set for the future. By the way, does anyone have a good read on the shelf life of tires, and any special way to properly store them when not on the vehicle?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Bummer. What are the Enzo owners going to use, or is it that most owners are like EP so the tires never need to be changed?

Look like GY only, or Hoosiers if you want to (Y) rated tires, or move on to 20, 19" wheels are run Super Sports.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Bummer. What are the Enzo owners going to use, or is it that most owners are like EP so the tires never need to be changed?

Look like GY only, or Hoosiers if you want to (Y) rated tires, or move on to 20, 19" wheels are run Super Sports.

Or you can run Michelins in less than ideal sizes. Ralphie, if I recall, still runs MPSC's on the track.

Regardless, this does suck if true. Good thing I just mounted a set before R8.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I think we're okay here: http://www.performanceplustire.com/products/tires/searchType/searchBySize/tireSize/345_SLASH_35-19

I just checked with Anthony Gemmellaro at Ferrari of Tampa Bay and he's not worried about being able to supply this tire to his 4 Enzo customers. Nevertheless, might not be a bad idea to snag a set for the future. By the way, does anyone have a good read on the shelf life of tires, and any special way to properly store them when not on the vehicle?

I hope that is the case, because Bridgestone said they had nothing in the 345/35R19 size.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Panic in 3...2...1..
WHAT!!! (Thought I would oblige FENZO.)

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Just bought two from the place above. Thanks for the heads up.

Found 2 fronts at tire rack, but they are not the REO 50 A. Take anything I can get in the proper sizes ?

550rwhp

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2012
North of Dallas, Texas
I just bought two from Discount Tire last week. There was no issue with stock.

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Ok I went to Tire Rck's web site and found the tire, but it wasn't listed as ZR rated, but the description was that this was the tire developed for the Enzo...it did not say they were out of stock or discontinued..
Do you think for some reason it was relisted as 345-35R19 instead of ZR?
Is this the same tire we have????

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...R9RE050A&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Last edited:

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Ok I went to Tire Rck's web site and found the tire, but it wasn't listed as ZR rated, but the description was that this was the tire developed for the Enzo...it did not say they were out of stock or discontinued..
Do you think for some reason it was relisted as 345-35R19 instead of ZR?
Is this the same tire we have????

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...R9RE050A&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Those are the rears. But it says they're on backorder.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
By the way, does anyone have a good read on the shelf life of tires, and any special way to properly store them when not on the vehicle?

Keep them out of any ozone producing area...meaning open atmosphere (especially FL/TX/CA) and electric motors. Use to wear bars before they are 7 year sold. If they are mounted on wheels and/or on a car that sits for long periods, pump up to max to prevent flat spots...or jack the car off the ground. Bottom line is tires older than 7 years should be discarded.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
What are those Enzo owners going to do with 7+ year old tire?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I don't believe the tires have been discontinued, but I could be wrong.... Just hoping that someone has given Kendall incorrect information. I will make some calls on Monday and find out....

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
When i added aftermarket wheels and went to 1" taller back and front, I bought the Michelin Pilot Sports in 354 and 285. Basically the same over dimensions when all done. I haven't checked, but maybe they exist in the 18/19" sizes as well?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
When i added aftermarket wheels and went to 1" taller back and front, I bought the Michelin Pilot Sports in 354 and 285. Basically the same over dimensions when all done. I haven't checked, but maybe they exist in the 18/19" sizes as well?

Michelin doesn't make any of their 19" tires in the same overall dimensions as the GY's.

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Tire Life

By the way, does anyone have a good read on the shelf life of tires, and any special way to properly store them when not on the vehicle?

The vulcanized rubber of a tire continues to cure and get harder over its life. Heat cycles and UV accelerate it. Some tires are worse than others. I think this is one of the issues with the GY's that makes it feel like a rock with no grip to most owners - age. And can explain why Ralphie and Jeff still like the GY's. They go through them much faster than most due to use so they are never more than 2 years old.

If the Scuderia supply becomes an issue I would beware of stock piling them for the future due to age effects...which is why most of you try to find recent build codes for your new tires. 7 years may be OK from a tire failure stand point but it is far from ideal for performance on a supercar. 2-3 years would be ideal, but I realize hard to swallow due to cost per mile on most FGT's.

I hope this turns out to be bad info, or just a short term production shortage. The Scuderia is a good tire for the car.