Good service in Western Chicago burbs ?

grappa

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2008
West Chicago.IL
Any advice or recommendations. Joe Cotton,Fair Oaks,Webb,Haggerty ?

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
Anyone but Webb....

metalman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 22, 2006
Napleton Ford on the north side. Let me know if you want details.

grappa

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2008
West Chicago.IL
Napleton is actually a couple of hours away and through traffic. Unless they are GREAT it's too far. Thanks.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Valley Ford, St. Louis (Hazelwood)

TifosiTed

GT Owner
Jul 30, 2007
Chicago Burbs
Grappa,

I also live in the western Burbs

One of the Webb Boys lives in my town along with one of the Webb girls. She was walking by our house and saw our GT in the driveway and asked, "Is that a Ferrari?"

I have yet to do the halfshaft bolt upgrade. I called the GT Hot Line and all they could tell me was that Joe Cotton and Friendly Ford had worked on GT's. Don't know what was done.

From some of the horror stories I have read, I am seriously considering getting the kit and doing it my self.

However, besides the Bolt upgrade issue, I also have some panel alignment issues I would like to have a competent body shop guy address so it would be nice if I found a dealer I could trust..

Please keep me posted if you use a dealer, good or bad.

Thanks,

TifosiTed

GT Owner
Jul 30, 2007
Chicago Burbs
Grappa,

Don't know if they do GT service, but Zimmerman Ford in St. Charles on North Ave (rt 64) has a GT in the showroom. That's close to you.

When I was looking to get a GT I was trying to find one local for sale so I could sit in it and see if I fit. Zimmerman had the one in the showroom but it was the owners personal car and they would not let me try it on for size.

You can see it on thier web site.

Rgds,

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Boys, if you're that worried, drive to Detroit and let the GTGuys do it. None better, and the drive is pretty good, especially while it's still Spring.

grappa

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2008
West Chicago.IL
Who are these GT guys from DEtroit ?
Do they have a Web site ?

Thanks.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
GT Guys: 734-658-9498

They know GT's from one end to the other...

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
They are the best. They were on the development for the car. They are supporters on this forum. Their shop is near Flatrock, MI. Either go south from Detroit, or north from Toledo. TheGTGuy.com Their phone number is posted here many times.

gt40man

GT owner
Aug 27, 2007
chicago service

Fall-Line Motorsport in Northbrook Illinois are the only people in chicago that i will allow touching my ford gt. they have experienced nascar/scca/alms crew/technicians and have close connections with ford racing and Roush. they maintain and upgrade several ford gt's. going to a dealer that does not know the car will cost you much more in the long run than someone who knows what they are doing. even basics like flushing ghe cooling system, installing the accufab springs, oil changes, pulley upgrade etc. can be and will be screwed up by inexperienced people.these guys do standard maintanence, fabrication, modification and manage cosmetic work.

DRIVEBY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 17, 2006
Las Vegas
I agree - Fall-line is top-notch! I use them for all my specialty stuff and Napleton for my regular service and warranty work. 2 years back I had the check engine light (O2 sensor) come on in the western burbs. I stopped by Willowbrook Ford (630-986-5000) and they quickly took care of me. The shop mentioned that they regularly serviced 5 different GT's.

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
Sounds like Fall-line is where i should be going for most of my work. Anyone think they should do the halfshafts for me or should i just have Napleton do it? I was leaning towards Napleton since i know they have done at least 1 GT...plus its somewhat material warranty work.

DRIVEBY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 17, 2006
Las Vegas
You'll be fine at Napleton - they did mine. Besides, why would you want to pay someone else for Free warranty work?

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
Besides, why would you want to pay someone else for Free warranty work?

I guess i was just trying to avoid one of these situations like Macjec had...but sounds like Napleton is pretty solid so i'll just got there!

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10026

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 84

metalman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 22, 2006
Go with Napleton, you'll be fine. The GT mechanic's name is Yousef, he was out of the country for a few weeks, make sure he is back before you bring it in, don't let anyone else there work on it.

Yousef is very accomodating, will let you watch, etc.

grappa

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2008
West Chicago.IL
I had my half shaft bolts as well as fluids changed at Fox Valley Motorcars (The Lotus and Lambo dealer) in West Chicago. Got my bolts from Accufab. Sure they cost me a few bucks but it gives me peace of mind.