Good news for Ford fans

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
At this forum a few people have noted Ford's announcements in the past, especially the recent announcements regarding substantial losses. Professional investors have known about these problems since 1999, which is when the stock price peaked. Naturally some Ford owners have been worried about the future at Ford.

I am a pro investor and advisor to other pros. In my professional opinion the worst is over at Ford. The public news will probably not improve right away, but it is the nature of stocks that they bottom on bad news and top out on good news.

I actually emailed the moderator of this Forum several weeks ago as a courtesy about posting this because I thought other Ford fans might be interested that the Ford death spiral was probably ending, but for some reason he did not respond to my email.

Anyway, FYI I have been recommending the stock to my clients, who for the most part are pros that run hedge funds. The reception for the story of Ford's turnaround has been very positive. We believe that Ford's restructuring plans are sound - all they have to do is execute now. Also it may interest you to know that I have copied some of Ford's management about this and they have also been responsive. So hopefully the recent encouragement from the investing community will spur Ford management to continue to make positive changes that we can all benefit from.

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I actually emailed the moderator of this Forum several weeks ago as a courtesy about posting this because I thought other Ford fans might be interested that the Ford death spiral was probably ending, but for some reason he did not even respond to my email.

Nothing ever recvd. sorry, i respond to ALL emails. I concur with your forecast.

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
It might have been around the time you were at Indy. I will resend it to you if I can find it. :cheers

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I now have 5 lots with double digit percentage gains in the past 18 months. :cheers

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
As American as.....

Coca-Cola, Harley-Davidson, Colt Firearms, C.F. Martin & Co. Guitars, and the Ford Motor Company. These and a few other companies are more than just businesses, they are part of Americas character and heritage. I have purchased 7 new Fords in the last three years and will buy no other brand until FMC is solidly profitable. I know my few purchases have about as much effect as rose petals thrown in front of a speeding freight train, but hey, they don't hurt either. And I don't care how good it tastes, I don't want my only option to be 'Mitsubishi Brand Apple Pie'.

Chip

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
Coca-Cola, Harley-Davidson, Colt Firearms, C.F. Martin & Co. Guitars, and the Ford Motor Company. These and a few other companies are more than just businesses, they are part of Americas character and heritage. I have purchased 7 new Fords in the last three years and will buy no other brand until FMC is solidly profitable. I know my few purchases have about as much effect as rose petals thrown in front of a speeding freight train, but hey, they don't hurt either. And I don't care how good it tastes, I don't want my only option to be 'Mitsubishi Brand Apple Pie'.

Chip

Right on. HOG is another one of my faves, but rumors are that Honda wants to buy it. I hope that never happens. And shareholders would be crazy to sell anywhere near these prices anyway.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Chip

+1 :cheers

gbvetracer

GT Owner
Jan 25, 2007
just read this; Ford stock fans... sorry.......

Ford Motor Company sales for the month of June dropped 8 percent compared with sales during June 2006. Ford sales have gone down in 14 of the last 16 months. While the boycott isn’t totally responsible for the drop in sales, it has played a major role.

AFA has identified Ford as a leading promoter of same-sex marriage and the homosexual agenda. AFA began a boycott of Ford in March 2006 after Ford reneged on an agreement with AFA to cease their promotion of the homosexual lifestyle. More than 720,000 individuals have signed the AFA sponsored Boycott Ford Pledge. For more information on the Ford boycott, and to sign the pledge, click here.

Ford continues to financially support homosexual groups despite the massive sales drop and a loss of millions for the company’s stockholders. Dealers and stockholders have asked that the company take a stand similar to that of Wal-Mart which will not support or oppose controversial issues. Chrm. Bill Ford has refused to establish such a policy, choosing to continue financially supporting the homosexual movement.

Ford Sales Record for Past 16 Months

March Down 5.0%

April Down 6.6%

May Down 1.9%

June Down 6.8%

July Down 4.1%

Aug. Down 11.6%

Sept. Up 4.7%

Oct. Up 8.1%

Nov. Down 9.7%

Dec. Down 12.8%

Jan. Down 19.0%

Feb. Down 13.0%

March Down 9.0%

April Down 13.0%

May Down 6.8%

June Down

:frown

Paul Vincent

Oct 20, 2005
Good for Chairman Ford.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Ford Motor Company sales for the month of June dropped 8 percent compared with sales during June 2006. Ford sales have gone down in 14 of the last 16 months. While the boycott isn’t totally responsible for the drop in sales, it has played a major role.

AFA has identified Ford as a leading promoter of same-sex marriage and the homosexual agenda. AFA began a boycott of Ford in March 2006 after Ford reneged on an agreement with AFA to cease their promotion of the homosexual lifestyle. More than 720,000 individuals have signed the AFA sponsored Boycott Ford Pledge. For more information on the Ford boycott, and to sign the pledge, click here.

Ford continues to financially support homosexual groups despite the massive sales drop and a loss of millions for the company’s stockholders. Dealers and stockholders have asked that the company take a stand similar to that of Wal-Mart which will not support or oppose controversial issues. Chrm. Bill Ford has refused to establish such a policy, choosing to continue financially supporting the homosexual movement.

gbvetracer, It depends on how you look at it. How well (or not so well) a company is doing is not measured only in unit sales. It looks like Ford is doing better than the AFA would like us to believe. (See attachment) http://www.investor.reuters.com/bus...stry/bussecindfake/busrankcomp&rankcategory=6
With the US auto industry in such disarray they have to do a few things to compete like control costs, quality and mabee even try to appeal to a wider audience for their business. Ford may have been first to do so with the gay community ("NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT") but not the first to do so with the physically handicapped, women, and other minority groups. We have all seen advertising and support from the auto industry to these groups. The US auto industry must survive. It is vidal to the US economy. The US auto industry has a very wide impact on many other businesses that rely on it. Where is the AFA and other groups like it when foreign countries and their trade practices are hurting US companies, workers, and their families. Just ask any US auto worker how they feel about a foreign automaker. I highly doubt any of them are in support of any group of Americans that boycott American products only to add strength to their foreign competitor. I think all that signed the AFA petition should have PURCHASED a new Ford to really show Ford their strength.

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Afa??

What's AFA??

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Do we buy? Sell?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
What's AFA??

Yeah, me too?

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Yeah, me too?

I think he means: American Family Association.

Happy 4th!! :cheers Go Ford! :cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
AFA is a Christian based organization that is very upset that Ford has placed ads in Gay magazines and supported what they consider an alternative lifestyle culture.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I think he means: American Family Association.

Happy 4th!! :cheers Go Ford! :cheers

THANKS.

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
In my original post I wrote, "The public news will probably not improve right away, but it is the nature of stocks that they bottom on bad news and top out on good news." That's how it works my friends.

While the AFA may do good work, (I am not familiar enough to comment on that topic so far), the world is far bigger than one organization, and no matter how well-intended their efforts may be, overall this should not have a huge impact. If it did, Disney would be shut down completely. Not to mention a lot of other large organizations.

I stick by my original opinion on this - Ford still has to execute, but they are slowly getting the message that the top-heavy bureaucratic style of management from the 50's does not work. Getting your butt kicked will do that for you.

As for people who want stock advice, I suggest you talk to a real pro who can educate you about some important facets of risk management (i.e. trailing stop losses). Experienced investors never buy until they have first established their 'uncle point' for taking a loss. In this case a trailing stop should be able to yield a small gain or at least break even. And by 'a real pro' I do NOT mean the local broker fresh out of college. I hope you people understand that brokers are hired for their sales skills primarily.

Last I strongly urge all of you to get this book, "Reminiscences of a Stock Operator by Edwin Lefèvre, which is really about the legendary Jesse Livermore. It is a great book for Summer reading, a must have for all investors. Some of the brightest old school managers I know read it every year, there are so many great insights into human psychology and investing tactics.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
or buy the top rated for the last 15+ years investor news letter, THE BRINKER REPORT. Three portfolios all based on no load mutual funds and bonds and let her rip. Go Bob! I have yet to find anyone that comes close to him, but I am open to review others.

Happy Fourth!
Click Me ------------> http://www.fireworkspop.com/liberty.htm

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
As a Ford Dealer, I have heard from Bill Ford and Ford Motor Co. and they both say that they (Ford) will hope to appeal and sell to everyone and not discriminate against anyone. They want all customers in their sales base. PERIOD. HOORAY FORD FORD We all should not judge one another. TGH

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
or buy the top rated for the last 15+ years investor news letter, THE BRINKER REPORT. Three portfolios all based on no load mutual funds and bonds and let her rip. Go Bob! I have yet to find anyone that comes close to him, but I am open to review others.

Happy Fourth!
Click Me ------------> http://www.fireworkspop.com/liberty.htm

I am a Brinker fan as well. Solid advice! Beware of sharks, keep expenses low, and don't think you are so smart that you can beat the market, not many do, and far fewer over a long period of time. Bill Miller did well, but his streak as ended in 15 years. Now taking into account the additional expenses and taxes, I believe one would have done better than Miller if you just held the sp500 for the same period.