Good News / Bad News

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Fred! I am terribly sorry to hear about this. I hope they catch the bastard and he gets what's coming to him.

As has been said, the car can be replaced, you and Clayton can't. Thank God you are both ok. If there is anything any of us can do to help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Echo 1!!

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
Very glad to hear that the two of you are ok. As has been stated before, stuff can be replaced, the two of you can't.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Fred, I'm so glad to hear you and your son are allright, even though the GT isn't. GTs can always be fixed or replaced, but lives are a little different. You have the right attitude. We'll all see to it that you have a good time at Rally III. Look forward to seeing you and your son. Hang in there TEXANS ARE TOUGH! See You in Vegas. Tomy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Fred,
Glad both of you are fine. Your story is unfortunately becoming all too common. Please let us know if they are caught- the next event can be a stoning party.

Manny

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Fred ,
Glad to hear you are both OK.
That's whats important .
The gal can be fixed ..
I'll buy you a drink to drown your sorrows !

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Fred,
Glad both of you are fine. Your story is unfortunately becoming all too common. Please let us know if they are caught- the next event can be a stoning party.

Manny

Stoning my ass. We have hanging trees in TX!!!

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Guess Rally 4 will have to be in TEXAS and we can put a posse together to find the creep who wrecked my buddy:mad

If someone gets him B4 then we can all pitch in and rebuild the GT for the event.......Or have Bony supply the makers and we can all chip in and watch the GT guys do it:thumbsup

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal
wow....a heck of a story. Really glad everyone is ok. You are an inspiration for packing up another car and heading to Vegas after such a horrifying experience.

see ya there!

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Silver--Fair enough! A hanging it is! (you are such a humanitarian)

MWG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Northern California
Glad both of you are OK. Hope they get leads to catch the guy before he causes even more damage.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Fred,

Manny

On a related note, aren't there enough GT's out there to form a posse?? Enough time before the rallye to hunt 'em down -- and -- somehow traditional old west justice just seems fitting.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
On a related note, aren't there enough GT's out there to form a posse?? Enough time before the rallye to hunt 'em down -- and -- somehow traditional old west justice just seems fitting.

I was thinking the same thing. Glad you and your son are O.K. Sorry about the GT.:frown

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Fred,, I am happy to hear you and your son are fine.. I am very sad to hear of the GT damage.. :frown See you soon.. Brian

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
I am sorry to hear this incredibly bad news and at the same time overjoyed to hear that you and your son are doing well. Realisticaly, as everyone knows, this could have been a lot worse. This is what insurance is for and I'm certain that there's another car out there for you. I'll see you in Vegas.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Silver--Fair enough! A hanging it is! (you are such a humanitarian)

How about hanging them where the tips of their toes touch the ground about a quarter inch. They live until their toes cramp.

Or some of our northern GT brothers can bring pliers and a blowtorch for a little party.

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Really sorry to hear this happened to you. Fantastic there were no injuries.
I cringed thinking about your son directing traffic in the dark. Glad you two are OK.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Fred, I'm very glad that you and your son are alright. The car can be fixed, but I'm very sorry that you had to go through this.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007

"About 6 miles from home [yes only 6 miles from home] at 6:45 AM [still dark] we were hit in the left rear by a pickup truck at 60 to 65 mph.

Truck hit us in the left rear, went up on the left rear side of the clam shell of the GT, it broke the trailing link of the left rear suspension, bent the rear rim, along with who knows what other untold and unknown items.
"

Glad to hear you're ok. What I really gather from this is how battleship tough the GT must be. A 60+ MPH impact by a TRUCK on a 44 inch high car and you both managed to get up and walk away? Big stones on your son too by hopping out to wave off traffic.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
WOW ..... glad you and your son made it through this life experience OK ... just unimaginable. Ed

dikran

GT Owner
Aug 11, 2006
Birmingham, MI
Spirit, I have read many of your posts. I hope you continue to participate in the forum and you get your girl up and running some day soon. Moreover, I am happy to hear you both are safe. Heads up by Clayton to try to flag others away - been in those situations and some people rise to the occasion very well.