Good deal on this '06

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
Even with 8k miles...a dam good deal. Anyone know this car? Wonder what SC upgrade package comes with it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006...yZ116478QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
That's a pretty nice price!!

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Still that is $4k higher than a yellow with 8,500 miles went for last month!

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
Even with 8k miles...a dam good deal. Anyone know this car? Wonder what SC upgrade package comes with it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006...yZ116478QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It probably is just a pulley. If anyone is intersted I can go take a look its only about 20 minutes from me.

Support

Mar 26, 2007
"The car has never been raced. The car has never been in an accident or damage in anyway. It has a Ford Motorsports upgraded exhaust system on it and the old original system has been kept and goes with the car. It has lightly tinted windows on the side glass and rear. It comes with a super charger upgrade kit that has not been installed but will go with the car."

The car has been raced heavily. It was at the Saleen facility in Troy Michigan for repairs on more than one occasion, including for damage after it was hurt while being unloaded from a trailer after a prior repair. I was never involved but saw it covered in plastic waiting to be fixed in the shop more than once. The exhaust is the straight through FRPP and I believe the supercharger upgrade was the Kenne Bell HCD kit.

Just a heads up. I'm sure the vehicle is in very good shape, but the description is disingenuous at best.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
I'm suprised they didn't throw in a comment like "only driven by a little old lady to church on Sunday."

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
IF ALL of this is true, then IMO this is attempted theft plain and simple.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"The car has never been raced. The car has never been in an accident or damage in anyway. It has a Ford Motorsports upgraded exhaust system on it and the old original system has been kept and goes with the car. It has lightly tinted windows on the side glass and rear. It comes with a super charger upgrade kit that has not been installed but will go with the car."

The car has been raced heavily. It was at the Saleen facility in Troy Michigan for repairs on more than one occasion, including for damage after it was hurt while being unloaded from a trailer after a prior repair. I was never involved but saw it covered in plastic waiting to be fixed in the shop more than once. The exhaust is the straight through FRPP and I believe the supercharger upgrade was the Kenne Bell HCD kit.

Just a heads up. I'm sure the vehicle is in very good shape, but the description is disingenuous at best.

Lemme see ...how does that old saying go ..."If it seems to good to be true..."?

If you're right & this IS the same car (and I have no reason to doubt you know what you're talking about), it just goes to show how nutty it is to try to pull this kinda stuff. SOMEBODY in the GT comunity is gunna expose yuh. (Or the Ferrari community ...or the CGT community, or the Lambo community, etc.)

'Waste of everybody's time.

Last edited:

Support

Mar 26, 2007
Well, it doesn't take much to infer the racing part anyhow. It's not ideal to put your car in front of a trailer that says "Hardcore Racing" when trying to sell a car that's "never been raced".

The car sported the same windshield banner while being repaired at SSV.

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area

And there we go...

Thanks for the info!!

Last edited:

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well I spotted the trailer on the picture and thought - hmmmm lets see. Straight through exhaust and tinted windows.... Must be the wifes car then???

Well, it doesn't take much to infer the racing part anyhow. It's not ideal to put your car in front of a trailer that says "Hardcore Racing" when trying to sell a car that's "never been raced".

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California

Good point about the racing trailer...Although it could have just been used for transporting the GT in non-race related events.

If the facts are what they appear to be at this point and the involved parties have actual or implied knowledge: perhaps potential theft by fraudulent misrepresentation and failure to disclose, for starters, depending on what occurs and how/whether it is charged.

Personally, I'd be wary of buying a car being sold or marketed by someone other than the owner, for starters, in a private party transaction. Not sure which law will govern the ultimate transaction, but here is an excerpt from CA law, for educational purposes only:

CA PENAL CODE 484. (a) Every person who shall feloniously steal, take, carry,
lead, or drive away the personal property of another, or who shall
fraudulently appropriate property which has been entrusted to him or
her, or who shall knowingly and designedly, by any false or
fraudulent representation or pretense, defraud any other person of
money, labor or real or personal property, or who causes or procures
others to report falsely of his or her wealth or mercantile character
and by thus imposing upon any person, obtains credit and thereby
fraudulently gets or obtains possession of money, or property or
obtains the labor or service of another, is guilty of theft. In
determining the value of the property obtained, for the purposes of
this section, the reasonable and fair market value shall be the test,
and in determining the value of services received the contract price
shall be the test. If there be no contract price, the reasonable
and going wage for the service rendered shall govern. For the
purposes of this section, any false or fraudulent representation or
pretense made shall be treated as continuing, so as to cover any
money, property or service received as a result thereof, and the
complaint, information or indictment may charge that the crime was
committed on any date during the particular period in question.

Last edited: