Going to look at my first GT tomorrow! Any Advice?

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
A local Benz dealer that I bought a new car from 3 years ago got his hands on another GT. He called me and im going to look at it in person tmrw and to possibly trade my benz in. Its an 05 red with all 4 options one owner car. Very late production 1743. Anything I should particularly look for or ask? Thanks in advance. BTW I have butterflies already.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
A local Benz dealer that I bought a new car from 3 years ago got his hands on another GT. He called me and im going to look at it in person tmrw and to possibly trade my benz in. Its an 05 red with all 4 options one owner car. Very late production 1743. Anything I should particularly look for or ask? Thanks in advance. BTW I have butterflies already.

'Simplest answer: have a PPI done by a Q-U-A-L-I-F-I-E-D individual. Any "stories" the car may have will be discovered by said person.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Where is car located? Unless you are a real expert at inspecting one, it is VERY worthwhile to get someone to do a detailed PPI on your car. The GT guys, Shadowman, Kendall and some other folks are more than qualified.

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Where is car located? Unless you are a real expert at inspecting one, it is VERY worthwhile to get someone to do a detailed PPI on your car. The GT guys, Shadowman, Kendall and some other folks are more than qualified.

Northwest Pennsylvania

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Kick all the tires and if none of them kick you back, buy it.

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
DocV....Too bad you didn't give me a jingle...i'm just down the road in Harrisburg.

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
DocV....Too bad you didn't give me a jingle...i'm just down the road in Harrisburg.

We are practically neighbors. I will be down there in a month for Chrysler Carlisle.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Northwest Pennsylvania

"The GT guy" would be the closest PPI expert to you then I believe:

www.thegtguy.com

Aug 25, 2006

Great gals however I can offer only the following;

PPI ...... lacking this one needs to know the history of the gal as if a member of your own family ......... lacking this if anything looks funny it likely is/was at which point you have become a gambler and that which follows is akin to a crap shoot.

All the best

Shadowman

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I have a Farm in Edinboro Pa. (15miles South of Erie Pa. )
I will be working at the farm (I drive in from Detroit on Thursday for a few days)
I am not an expert, but have owned my 2006FGT for 4 years.
let me know if I can help.
AJB

Aug 25, 2006
I will be working at the farm (I drive in from Detroit on Thursday for a few days)
AJB

What a wonderful offer; I hope that he takes you up on it.

If I can assist from afar call.

Takes care

Shadowman

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Ppi

"The GT guy" would be the closest PPI expert to you then I believe:

www.thegtguy.com

Thank you for the compliments.

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
AJB

Andy you have an email

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
DoctorV -- got it--replied
Shadowman--thanks.
AJB

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
Frankfort Ill
I had a 95 Cobra R with 3900 miles on it. You could eat off the underside. It was bought represented as a show car only. I was the fourth owner. When I sold it, back to the original owner by the way, he told me he had logged over 1600 miles on different road courses on the car when he owned it. I knew how to look over the car and it had no signs of any abuse, but history had a different story. No harm, no foul in this case, but buyer beware.

Steve

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
We are practically neighbors. I will be down there in a month for Chrysler Carlisle.

Then also come out to FORD Carlisle June 4-6. There will be a dozen or so other GT owner's there.

--

Last edited:

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Then also come out to FORD Carlisle June 4-6. There will be a dozen or so other GT owner there.

--

I would love to but my lovely wife is due with our 4th child in the next 3 days and I would hate to split up all of my cars in divorce court.:ack

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I would love to but my lovely wife is due with our 4th child in the next 3 days and I would hate split up all of my cars in divorce court.:ack

CONGRATS in advance! :wink :cheers

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
I would love to but my lovely wife is due with our 4th child in the next 3 days and I would hate to split up all of my cars in divorce court.:ack

That's beautiful. The best of luck. CONGRATULATIONS ! :thumbsup

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
I just wanna say that it's great to be a part of this group. The guys looking to purchase his first GT and he gets countless people willing to lend more than a hand.

Love being a GT owner. You guys ROCK! :cheers

Can't wait for Rally V!!!

:club