"Go Like Hell" - The movie coming . Hank the deuce Enzo, Shelby, Brock, Iacocca.

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
"Go Like Hell" - The movie coming . Hank the deuce Enzo, Shelby, Brock, Iacocca.

Film It !!!!!:banana

If you have the book you know the story. A few SAAC members have been pimping this for a few years. This is a working project, getting closer to reality, mega bucks. Who would have thunk anyone would want a role in a car flick :thumbsup. This is the stuff car guys will work for free to be associated with.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Brad-Pitt-And-Josh-Brolin-May-Go-Like-Hell-15424.html

AJ Baime author posted here about his book not long before the movie option was picked up. I think Ralphie was the one that took notice.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Great Story, Great Book and should be a Great Movie with the proper attention to period details and correct casting.

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
The cool part is that most of the guys area alive to help promote and get the details right. Most of the original cars are available with plenty of very well done track worthy clones. Even the Moon racing shop is still there is they take the story back that far.

There are a ton of well documented pics as well, Carroll and the mags did a great job in that respect.

Hollywoods biggest stickler for details is Michael Mann. Anal beyond belief. I have a good friend that does all his vehicle casting. If he gets involved as rumored, among others it will be true to the period 100%. He is a huge car guy, but on the Ferrari side. Enzo called him when the show was #1 and personally gave him the white Testarosa for Miami vice and had him literally blow up the Daytona copy they were using as part of the show. A bit of Enzo loyalty for sure, Enzo passed away a couple years later ( 599, Testarosa, California). I know he does not like Kelvin's license plate ( F Enzo) when we showed him the pic. But his vehicle casting guy is a big time Ford guy. There are so many hollywood car guys that anyone could end up with the project.

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I have it from reliable sources that this is on hold.

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
I have it from reliable sources that this is on hold.

That sounds about par for Hollywood. Two reliable sources with different opinions. ;-). But makes me wonder, though. I think it's a matter of when than if.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I thought Baime's story was great. It gave the reader an opportunity to love and hate both of the car giants. I wonder if the movie will be as even handed?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Note the date on the article. My info was recent - from someone at the Shelby American Collection party in early December.