Giants Win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
YEE HAWWW,

GO ELI!
Mississippi boy done good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Bowl MVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
yee haw!!
MAKERS MARK MANHATTANS FOR EVERYONE!!
YES!!! YES!!!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
When the Pats went for it on 4th & 14 (13, whatever) instead of going for the field goal, I told the wifey THAT would pbly end up costing 'em the game.
While there's no way now to know if they'd have MADE it or not, it's for darn sure the lack of TRYING it did 'em no good whatsoever.

Anyway, I now have, "I told you so", rights over several people who said the Pats would win.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Totally agree pockets. I could of seen going for it if it were only a yard or so. The fact it was an indoor game and therefore no elements to effect the kicker.... probably should have given the 49 yarder a shot.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
All I can say is the Archie Manning must be a proud dad. Two son winning back to back Super Bowls! The younger Manning, Eli, sure showed poise in making it happen under extreme pressure. A well deserved win!

:thumbsup :cheers :thumbsup

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Air is a little fresher this morning :biggrin

18-1 :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

p.s, a friend of mine put $66,000 on the Pats. Rough night for him. :ack

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Not a lot of football fans in here eh?

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
This thread should be closed!

Rob

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI

4th quarter was fantastic... likely the best finish I've ever seen. I was expecting the "revenge factor" to play a roll in the biggest upset in playoff football history :)

It's a generally good thing that some things are left "unattainable" IMHO... this is one of those things :)

I expect people to talk about the lack of defense for Brady's body... how many sacks did he have? Yikes... but when he had good defenders, he was absolutely on fire.

Manning had every bit of luck behind him... a clutch player, and clutch receivers that won the game. I really enjoyed myself :cheers

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I expect people to talk about the lack of defense for Brady's body... how many sacks did he have? Yikes... but when he had good defenders, he was absolutely on fire.

Manning had every bit of luck behind him... a clutch player, and clutch receivers that won the game. I really enjoyed myself :cheers

Brady's lack of protection was due to the skill of the Giants. The Giants took chances when they needed to and created their own luck. The Pats had a chance to make their own luck too with the long 4th down conversion (low probability) but didn't convert. That is how games are decided.

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
Brady's lack of protection was due to the skill of the Giants. The Giants took chances when they needed to and created their own luck. The Pats had a chance to make their own luck too with the long 4th down conversion (low probability) but didn't convert. That is how games are decided.

no kidding, seeing 4th and short.... I told everybody in the room when the conversion wasn't turned that that may have decided the game right there. It was far too early in the game to pull a risky move like that IMO

But you are right, each of those sacks was skill.... on the reverse side, when Manning pulled away from the almost certain impending sack for that 32 yard toss... that was the stuff "super bowl miracles" are made of.... at least replays for a very long time ;)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
... when Manning pulled away from the almost certain impending sack for that 32 yard toss... that was the stuff "super bowl miracles" are made of....

BINGO! "Mo" was 100% on their side from that instant on.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.

No, not at all... what do you think this is... a gay bathhouse?:biggrin:banana:biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
no kidding, seeing 4th and short.... I told everybody in the room when the conversion wasn't turned that that may have decided the game right there. It was far too early in the game to pull a risky move like that IMO

But you are right, each of those sacks was skill.... on the reverse side, when Manning pulled away from the almost certain impending sack for that 32 yard toss... that was the stuff "super bowl miracles" are made of.... at least replays for a very long time ;)

...yup, besides being good with a Brownie... you understand the game:thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
amazing photography and video... saw it better from a the big screen than from being there...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I doubt I'll ever go to the Super Bowl again in person. It's much better at home with your friends. In person, the corporate ticket vs. fan ticket mix has to be over 80/20, so the crowds are very, very lame. You'd be better served saving your 20k and hitting the NBA finals, World Series, and a ringside big-time fight.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
I got to tell you guys-- I think us Dolphin fans probably enjoyed this outcome more than even the Giants. What a hell of a game.

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
Agree with above. As a kid growing up in Atlanta, my favorite team of all-time was the 72-74 Miami Dolphins. I still have football cards of Larry Csonka, Bob Griese, and Mercury Morris! So, although I did not have a favorite, the combo of the underdog (NYG) and not wanting to see the Pats repeat this record, caused me to pull for NYG (yes, I know they play more games now but I don't care, only the 1972 Dolphins have finished with a perfect record!).:biggrin

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I doubt I'll ever go to the Super Bowl again in person. It's much better at home with your friends. In person, the corporate ticket vs. fan ticket mix has to be over 80/20, so the crowds are very, very lame.

It's just not possible to enjoy the games MORE than sitting right at home. No crowds to fight GETTIN' there ... no crowds to fight LEAVING... no traffic jams ... no 'hassels'. And besides, with all the camera shots from Gimbal's overhead camera cable system:)wink) - YOU'RE RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF IT ALL all the time.

Why mess with all that other nonsense? (Dang... I AM getting old...:frown)

escman

GT Owner
Nov 16, 2005
Long Island, NY
Reality check

I don't know how many saw the interview with Bob Kraft (owner of Patriots) I happened to catch a portion of it while at a client's. There he was, all bloated and pontificating about how great his team was... like a expectant father, Smiling like a chesire cat. I wish Fox had panned to his suite and played his interview on the big screens. Whats that expression?????? priceless! Don't get me wrong, I am no football or Giants fan, but sticking it to Mass. and Belichek made my day. I guess any state that keeps sending the Cape Cod Orcha, (Ted Kennedy), John Kerry, Barney Fag, and assorted Kennedy's back to Washington needs a little reality once in a while.