getting ready for the texas mile, this one is for Sam(HHGT), sorry it took a year...

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Sam asked me to post a vid of my car idling, so I just got through putting new hoosiers on and my friend shot a quick vid of the car before we head out to the texas mile tomorrow morning. she is put to bed and will be awaken soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYfDPVd9fe0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

gettingreadyfortexasmile006.jpg

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
hhhhhhmmmmmmmmm WOOD!!!! you are the SC Gladiator! Even if the barrel of fuel advertises a "personal issue"

All honesty - GREAT

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
hhhhhhmmmmmmmmm WOOD!!!! you are the SC Gladiator! Even if the barrel of fuel advertises a "personal issue"

All honesty - GREAT

LOL I think the barrel issue is just Mullet reflecting!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Gotta do a burnout to get rid of thoses labels on the new tires. :lol

Good luck at the mile!

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
:thumbsup:thumbsup

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
That idle sounds sick!

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Car sounds/looks incredible.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Car sounds great!!! Good luck tomorrow! We are all pulling for a 250.2 :biggrin

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
What are your mods? If you wouldn't mind listing them... :cheers

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
What are your mods? If you wouldn't mind listing them... :cheers

You are just going to laugh if you get a whiff of Soroush's mods. :rofl

H

HHGT

:lol:lol:lol

:thumbsup for using an Android and :thumbsup:thumbsup for a great looking and sounding car. Good luck and be safe...

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Car sounds great!!! Good luck tomorrow! We are all pulling for a 250.2 :biggrin

+1 Ray. One of my all time favorite GT memories was at the Texas Rally during our private Mile Day. I had just made a 175 MPH run and sat and watched a bunch of my fellow members run 170 to 180 MPH and it all looked cool. AND THEN.....Soroush leaves the line accelerating like he was cat launched from the deck of an aircraft carrier! Christ almighty....at the 1/2 mile mark he was going faster than the rest of us at the finish and he kept accelerating. The pass was 217 MPH and I had never seen anything like it. The sound was completely different as well.

I know others went fast that day too but I did not see them. I know something special will happen Sunday. 251 MPH please!! Good luck.

Chip

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
All you dentists with your medical grade junk are cheating. :biggrin

My official 2011 Soroush prediction is 229.6 mph.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
^^^^ - i take that to mean that he did in fact go 229.6 mph this morning then?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
It all went terribly wrong today :(

I had been looking forward to this morning all week long, I thought we had the car dailed in and ready to go and I was expecting a great outing. However it was anything but. we had been fighting a bad battery(or so we thought) right up until few days before the event, I put a brand new optima in and everything seemed great.

I just drove all the way back home from goliad and am a bit tired not to mention bruised, my ego that is :)

I had a bet with mullet that I could best his time today of 223.8, but hat was not in the cards today.

I lined up at start and started my burn out, did two good burn outs but the new R6's were so sticky they were literally pushing the car forward with the front wheels still locked up. we think this may have caused the clutch to start slipping a bit. well then I line up and let her loose going through the gears and make my pass it didnt feel particularly that strong but I was not sure. when I pulled to get my timing slip I was surprised that it ran a 200.
I was a bit confused I pulled up and open the clam shell, then the strong smell of the clutch was very apparent and we knew right away that it was slippin or so we thought, I was a bit discouraged but thought oh well I'll let her cool down and will try again,

two hours later Im at the line again with the help of Mullet we push the car to the front while he has his foot on the clutch the whole way as to keep the disk seperated in order to cool them (thanks Jason) then Im ready for the next run. I get to the start line and launch my car , no burn out this time, I go through the gears and to my dissapointment the nos was not working at all the run was slow and there was nothing I could do, it ran a 193 which makes sense, the car makes a little over 700 off the spray in its current tune. it was a disapointing trip to say the least, there was no time for another run and frankly I was so upset I didnt want to run again, (now I feel your pain Torrie) :)

I should note that jason was great, he helped us out in every way imaginable even though it was his record we were going after, he is a class act and Im proud to be chasing his record. Jason did great and the 223.8 was an awesome run in the morning, again proving the class of members that hang out on this forum!!:thumbsup

we came up short today, but on the upside we were all safe and although I need to do some more work to the car we did not break anything.

IMORTANT:
one very important thing that we found by coincedence was that the alternator was not charging properly, the only way we realized this is through a function of my stereo,the kenwood stereo had a display function the shows voltage, the reason this is important to you guys is that even though my volt meter show voltage within range it was anything but, at idle my car was seeing anywhere from 10 to 12.5 volts, the new battery we put in a few days ago worked really good for a day :) then the car started having all the same symptoms, bad idle, sticky solenoids, and it would die if I came to a stop I had to keep my foot on the gas the whole time. I didnt think it would affect the nos system but it has, everytime there was a load placed on the charging system the noid did not open, It was like last texas mile all over again.:willy

anyway no excuses, jason won this round and I will have to wear his special t shirt, I will post pics :)

If I had to lose to anyone Im glad it was MULLET :)

we will take our loss and be back working on the car getting her ready once again for the upcoming mile event in may. hopfully it will be a better day for us.

thanks to brian and tim my friends who helped out on this trip, it would have not been possible or fun without them!

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
I am very sorry to hear about how your day went. I am sure you will be back to conquer the course next time out. :cheers

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Soroush - sorry to hear how it went. You'll get it next time.

I'm also terribly sorry in advance about the modeling you're about to have to do. :lol

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Soroush - sorry to hear how it went. You'll get it next time.

I'm also terribly sorry in advance about the modeling you're about to have to do. :lol

If you know me at all you know that jason will be modeling the same shirt in not too long a future :), oh and I heard you had a little hand in the design aspect of the shirt, so your modeling days are coming up too:lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I may have made a small suggestion. :lol

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
This dosen't smell good, I think a railroading is about to happen! Soroush, move very slowly forward and watch your back side as some are ganging up on you. Sorry for your Texas Mile Problems, but you'll be back even stronger in May. Tomy