Getting One Of Only 5 Cars In The World!

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Well I can finally announce to everyone (because it was just made public) that I will be only 1 of the 5 first people in the world to get a new Honda FCX Clarity Fuel Cell Car! I was supposed to be in Japan for the announcement, but my one and only daughter got married the same time frame. Believe me my daughter getting married was the ultimate (but it sure would have been cool to go to Japan). If you want to know who the other 4 people are, just google FCX Clarity Honda and all the international press releases will come up.

While the FCX will never replace the GT, it sure will my mercedes S550 that costs me now $130 to fill up! Oh, by the way did I tell you I get to drive on the diamond lane as well:banana

Anyone who wants a ride, let me know:biggrin

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
CONGRATS! :thumbsup :cheers

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Wow, that's awesome. How funny to see your name in that press release! :lol Jim always gets the cool earth guy stuff.

H

HHGT

Congrats...

I was also told that the actual cost of each of these early delivery vehicles slightly exceeds $300,000

The reason I know this is that same Hydrogen generation system was evaluated for use in a High Altitude (60,000 ft) Aerostat application for military surveillance use.

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Cool Jim....I definitely want a ride! You've got to bring that to C&C.

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Congrats...

I was also told that the actual cost of each of these early delivery vehicles slightly exceeds $300,000

The reason I know this is that same Hydrogen generation system was evaluated for use in a High Altitude (60,000 ft) Aerostat application for military surveillance use.

No one from Honda told me, but I was told that the old FCX version (which was a small SUV cost over a million. This car is completly a ground up hand built car. So, I woiuld guess it is well north of a million!

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Cool Jim....I definitely want a ride! You've got to bring that to C&C.

Chris,

I already cleared it with Honda. In fact, they came out with me one Saturday to check it out before they gave me the blessing. They said that it was okay to organize all 5 of us at one time for C&C. I'll see how hard it will be (I'm the only non-celeb. in the group), but I intend to be there the first Saturday I get it!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Let me know when your headed over....I'll be there

Are you going to Steve's shindig this weekend?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Congrats Jim! Can't wait to see it and get a ride :)

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Let me know when your headed over....I'll be there

Are you going to Steve's shindig this weekend?

I wasn't invited. Steve must not like me anymore:wink

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Wow, that's awesome. How funny to see your name in that press release! :lol Jim always gets the cool earth guy stuff.

Yea, and guess who gets to drive them whenever he wants!

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
I wasn't invited. Steve must not like me anymore:wink

Niether was I but I'm going anyway:biggrin

It's going to be fun.....at least meet up at C&C if you're too busy.

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
You All Come.......

Come on Guys, you all are invited. C&C plus BK. @ FHCC for Steve A......See Ya.....Go Blu

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
WHIPPLE IT!!!!

Howard

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
WHIPPLE IT!!!!

Howard

Are you kidding me.... If I even open the hood Honda will be calling me! The car will be tracked via satelite. Besides, the car is capable of almost 1000 lbs of tourque but is toned downed to 200!

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Are you kidding me.... If I even open the hood Honda will be calling me! The car will be tracked via satelite. Besides, the car is capable of almost 1000 lbs of tourque but is toned downed to 200!

I see a trip to Shadowman's in the future to get that pitiful torque number up to something a bit more "civil". :biggrin

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
I see a trip to Shadowman's in the future to get that pitiful torque number up to something a bit more "civil". :biggrin

I stand corrected, it's 256 lbs. I'll ask one of the engineers if they can install a dial to crank it up to the 1000 lbs. the motor is capable of :wink

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Congrats Jim! Can't wait to see it and get a ride :)

Bony, I'll do better than that.... I'll let you drive! Let me know when you are in these here parts.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I will be down on Saturday for C&C and make sure that SteveA really goes off to Potatoland.

Hope you can make it. :)