Gents - I am now one of you

nj1001

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2012
After a long search, I am the very proud owner of a FGT, and happy to be your newest owner-member.
It's a red, 4-option, lower-mileage, 2006.
The GT Guys worked on it a bit before I even laid eyes on it, so it now has:

FRPP headers and muffler (and heat shield)
Silver Hot Buttons
New set of Bridgestones
Clear bra
iPod adaptor
Bumper Delete

I can't say enough about what good guys Denis and Rich are. They made a potentially daunting process easy for me and when I couldn't get a shipper in time for a C&C event, Denis personally delivered the car in their own
trailer. Thanks guys.
I have attached a couple of pics I took with my phone. Will put up more taken with a camera later.
Thank you to all who helped me through the process over the many months. There were a lot of you that offered valuable info and advice.
Anyone in/near Chicago that wants to go for a drive - I'm in!

NJ
photo 2.jpgphoto 1.jpg

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Welcome, and you have the BEST color.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Welcome aboard. It's a great ride. The forum is a great place to learn about your remarkable car and share your experiences as well. Consider becoming a member and join us for Rally 9. They are a great experience as the people you meet are even greater than the cars they drive. As Dr Frank would say "You got the fastest color!"

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Frank, you posted while I was writing! Dr Frank is pretty "fast" as well.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Congrats!

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Welcome to the Forum. Great Car, enjoy those first miles, they are by far the best.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Welcome NJ to the best forum, best guys (& gals) & the coolest car ever made!

Ed

PS We have a GT owners get-together every February in Chicago (without the GTs though). I'll post an announcement in January.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Welcome and congratulations! It's great that you got so many cool mods done. I'm already envious of the headers, having heard Sinovac's today. Hope you plan to put lots of miles on it. :)

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Welcome and congratulations nj.

It will take quite a long time for the big grin to go away while behind the wheel!!!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Congrats! Love the bumper delete. Every time I see it on another red car, I want it.

nj1001

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2012
Xcentric -
the headers do sound fantastic.
now i just hope it passes emissions!
and i definitely plan to drive it.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
welcome and congrats

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
congrats

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
If you haven't been given the intro. Just be careful in the first few drives especially coming off the block with cold tires. It's really easy to break the rear end loose.

You're going to love it!!!

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Welcome! Nice color!!

nj1001

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2012
If you haven't been given the intro. Just be careful in the first few drives especially coming off the block with cold tires. It's really easy to break the rear end loose.

You're going to love it!!!

Thanks for the advice. I def planned to be ginger with it at first, especially with cold tires, but Denis Gave me a great heads up that probab saved me a trip to the hospital. He said if I'm going down the highway at 70 mph, and punch it, I will spin out. I never would have thought it's that powerful even at that speed.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congratulations and welcome, beautiful car with great mods. Enjoy it to the fullest.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome and enjoy your time with her safely!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks for the advice. I def planned to be ginger with it at first, especially with cold tires, but Denis Gave me a great heads up that probab saved me a trip to the hospital. He said if I'm going down the highway at 70 mph, and punch it, I will spin out. I never would have thought it's that powerful even at that speed.

Guaranteed that youll be sideways. But whatever you don't combine that with a downshift first or ill guarantee you'll be going backwards instead if sideways and probably do two or three circles first

It's a heck of a lot better and a lot harder to do it with bridgestones. I did the same thing it sounds like you did. Rich had it picked up at seller in Green Bay and brought it right to his place. I never drove the car with the original tires and also without the short throw shifter. If you didn't get it it will be your favorite mod

Enjoy it!

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Welcome Aboard!! :thumbsup

Saw your car at the GT Guys earlier this week - it's a real beauty!!

:cheers