Geneva

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Hmmm. And some of us believe the parts for a FGT have become somewhat 'spendy'...

Depends on the parts. Plugs, battery, steering column shrouds, coils, brake boosters for example are too bad.

Headlights, taillights, dashpad, gauges, fenders, OMG!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Copy that...but, just give the first parts you listed a bit more time. :wink

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
I'm sitting hear reading all if the opinions on the new Lambo, the new Ferrari, etc. and thinking, the only thing I agree with is Dave's opinion on the F1. Other than a real GT40, it's the only supercar that I think is timeless (ok, a Muira as well), including the F40, F50, and Enzo. All of these current rocket ships, possibly save the new McLaren (if for no other reason it's usability) look as if they are trying to one up an 80's Countach or Testa Rossa with too much glitz or cheese grater siding. I know the designers desire a fighter jet influence or appearance, but none of these cars have anything remotely appealing in a timeless sense. Obviously, the best of the GT40s, the wide body 1968-69 LeMans winners, stop afficianados in their tracks, but so does a Muira, as well as a 275 GTB. An F40 still looks great thirty years later, but the others? Does anyone consider a 512TR a moving work of art? The simplicity of the first Countach went out the window with every iteration that followed. Scores of schoolboys fantasized about owning one thirty years ago. Today, most wouldn't give it a 2nd thought. And that's the way I feel about most, if not all, of these current hyper cars. Outside of the F1, which IS SO COOL, will anyone care about any of these new F-cars or Lambos in a decade, let alone three? The performance may be earth shattering, but the designs are too cookie cutter busy. I know I'm biased, but the GT looks revolutionary today nearly 50 years after the world saw the original, and it is for the design's simplicicity, not because it has hundreds of vents and creases.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
The skinny on DBK"S LaFerrari: ITALY: Hybrid technology secrets of LaFerrari revealed

By Glenn Brooks | 18 March 2013
The main components of Magneti Marellis hybrid drive system

Magneti Marelli has revealed itself as the supplier of multiple components and systems for the LaFerrari, the high-tech supercar which was revealed at the recent Geneva motor show.............

As I read this, I kept thinking of a very large pile of very intertwined spaghetti.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
As I read this, I kept thinking of a very large pile of very intertwined spaghetti.

Imagine the diagnostics required to repair/service it.

GT1261

GT Owner
May 28, 2012
That thing is SICK !!!

Looks like " Fast Forward "

[video=youtube;9BKi7OlrzhA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9BKi7OlrzhA[/video]

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Hell, I like it!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I got my bubble burst. Even if I won Powerball and bought a house with a 6 car garage to put it in I can't get invited to the party. The article in the car mag I was reading at the dentist's office says you have to own AT LEAST 5 OTHER FERRARIS to even be considered. That probably means someone with 5 doesn't stand a chance, probably 10 is the entry level.

I still think it would be a drool car. The F40 and Enzo still rank high but this one is another winner.