Gearbox shifts hard 1-2 when cold

kosupply

GT Owner/Board of Directors
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
Cold Shifting...

JAM-GT said:
I've got the same problem too. First to second takes a firm grip and it takes 2 hands to shift into reverse during the first 15 minutes of driving. I've read that it has to do with the relatively high viscocity of the transmission fluid. That would certainly go along with the improvement with increased temperature.

THe hard 1-2 shift when cold is normal...when going to reverse...slap the shifter to the left, then push into reverse...

tallron

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2005
Shifts

guywwagner said:
I think this problem cures itself over time.When I drove mine off the showroom floor I could barely get it in gear at all.It has improved until now,with 1500 mi,it shifts much more easily.Everything is very well set up as far as the shifter goes.The gates are aligned perfectly.If the car was mine I'd let it break in a little before even thinking about adjusting the cables.
Guy
Does anyone have a problem with third gear, mine slips out of gear with a lite load...

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Unreported

This is unreported to my knowledge. Sure you have it all the way up?

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Hard wood on the GT !?

drive4fun said:
I too have the stiff 1-2 shift on the GT...

.. Actually not too bad then. It is as in real life, as of the third time the 'stiff' gets a bit softer, don't it ! ? :lol :lol :lol Try some Tantra exercise 'on the GT' , and keep it at all times well lubricated :banana

Stefan :devil

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
.. This is how we do, doubidu...

kosupply said:
...slap the shifter to the left, then push into reverse...

That seems to be a unusual advice here... For connaisseurs of the 'reverse', I guess... :wink