Funny how the GT thrives

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Just so happens that this month I needed to have state inspections done on my GT, 458 and McLaren.

I have my Viper tech at the local Dodge store do all inspections. The cars went in on different days and got a fair amount of attention from the techs. I took an informal, unscientific survey from each tech who came up and talked about the cars.

Without fail, when asked which they liked best, they said GT.

Chempowr

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2014
Houston, TX
Interesting report.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I would agree!

Ed

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Yep,
Agree. We host a benefit car show every year (Concours de Coplay) with all makes and models attending. For the second year in a row the winner was a Ford GT, followed closely by a brand new McLaren Spyder in second place. Voting is by the owners. There were 4 GT's were in attendence and coincidentally the owner of the McLaren also ownes a FGT.........go figure.:wink

Last edited:

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
GT owners have exceptionally good taste in Cars and Women!

Joe

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
And Forums!

Ed

Joe

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011

Joe

In what order do you think ? Mine was the women if my wife reads this. lol

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
I agree. The women allow us to have our cars!

Joe

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
JOE2 is your wife working to "allow" you to have your cars?

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I agree. The women allow us to have our cars!

Joe

No question. I think a common thread is we married well. Many a time the first inkling I bought a new car was when the trailer pulled up. My wife's approach is "whatever makes you happy"

Robby444

Dec 18, 2013
I don't know much about it.. But whenever i got the answer.. i must post it here!!!!

Midengine-man

GT Owner
Apr 1, 2007
Good taste in cars and women is true however, I am not so sure about wheels and tires.

Last edited:

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
JOE2 is your wife working to "allow" you to have your cars?

No, but she bought me the first one and enjoys car events.

Joe

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
JOE2 Wow. That's quite the wife you have. My ex was always saying "no or the guilt trip" even if I needed a pair of socks. Hard for me to imagine your situation. Good for you.

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
Married for 45 years, on Saturday, to the same woman. She does give a little guilt occasionally, but I deserve it.

Joe

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Married for 45 years, on Saturday, to the same woman. She does give a little guilt occasionally, but I deserve it.

Joe
Congrats to you Joe. Sometimes we get lucky, and find the "right one". I'm sure you know all of your friends that didn't find the right one, they're miserable. I tell everyone I'm very lucky, my wife and I are together over 40 years (5 before we're maried, and in June 36 years married), and we've never had a fight...........................................................................................

That I've won!!!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

We're almost two peas in a pod. '47 years this past Sept...BUT, wifey never "gives (me) guilt"...because I never deserve it! :lol

:facepalm:

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
We're almost two peas in a pod. '47 years this past Sept...BUT, wifey never "gives (me) guilt"...because I never deserve it! :lol

:facepalm:

Tongue firmly planted in cheek!

Joe

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Who? Me? Naaaaaaaaaaah...

dshears

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 26, 2009
Fremont Ca
Congrats to you Joe. Sometimes we get lucky, and find the "right one". I'm sure you know all of your friends that didn't find the right one, they're miserable. I tell everyone I'm very lucky, my wife and I are together over 40 years (5 before we're maried, and in June 36 years married), and we've never had a fight...........................................................................................

That I've won!!!

I totally agree with you. My wife and I have been married for 36 years and I still have not ever won a fight....... I wonder why that is ?????