Fun Ford Weekend, Fontana Ca. Oct 19-21

FordFanStan

Sep 11, 2007
San Diego
Hello all,

Just thought I'd throw this out there in case any of you wanted to spectate or attend and race.

Having attended this DRAG RACING event several times personally in the past, I would opt to call this a very exciting and entertaining event. It is full of different classes of racing from street driven vehicles to John Mihovetz 6 second 4.6 modular powered Cougar. Not to mention hopefully my boss adn I will be earning a world record ET status holder reputation for our Lightning. My personal Lightning is under construction unfortunately. Also last year there was one stock GT and one TT GT iirc racing.

Here is the event and registration info:
http://funfordevents.com/index.php?src=directory&view=2006_Schedule&srctype=display&back=2006_Schedule&refno=596&submenu=Events&pos=0,20,10 (sorry I can not hyperlink yet; new member)

Hope to see some of you there... Stan

FordFanStan

Sep 11, 2007
San Diego
ttt,

Also i'd like to extend this group deal for Hotel rooms if anyone would like to stay the weekend...

JERK! said:
Hey guys,

For all of you interested in attending the Fun Ford Weekend at Fontana Speedway Oct 19-21 and need a hotel room because your either out of the area, or just want to make the weekend a nice get-a-way, I have a great opportunity for you.

As some of you may know, I work for the Marriott located in Ontario just about 8 miles from the track. Stan (FordFanStan) sent me a PM giving me a heads up that some of you guys may be interested in some rooms. So I put together a small block of rooms for guys that are in need of a room. Right now I have a block of 10 rooms for Friday night and 10 rooms for Saturday night. These rooms are available for $79.00. The other hotels in the area are selling above $100 a night, so this is a good deal for you guys. Also its a full service Marriott that will be much nicer than your average Motel 6 :p . You can either choose to stay just one night (Fri or Sat) or both nights and get the $79.00 rate each night now matter what you choose.

The hotel has a large parking area if anyone wants to gather and look at each others trucks [or cars]. Also we have a full service restaurant, and full service bar on property for all interested.

If you guys fill up the block, which would be great, I can add more rooms as needed. Below are some instructions on how to reserve the rooms for the special rate. And this is not limited to just us Lightning guys, please tell your friends!

To reserve a room please click the link below for the hotel's reservation. Right below the date selection parameter there will be a box that says Group Code. Please enter FUNFUNA into that box and search for a room. That will pull up the block for Fun Ford Weekend.

Also if you have any questions please let me know and I will answer them in this thread.

Also please treat the rooms and hotel with respect. Trashing the room and/or other things will not be tolerated!

This is the link to my hotel's reservations and photo tour.
Marriott Ontario Airport

These are the MapQuest driving directions from the hotel to the Speedway.
Driving Directions

Hope to see some of you out there... Stan

FordFanStan

Sep 11, 2007
San Diego
ttt, once again, only a couple weeks left.

An exta bit of information, we are trying to finish up our shop truck now, a race only 2000 Lightning, and hope to make the world's first and only 9 second all boost run in a gen 2 Lightning. There has been one 10.1 boost only run (one of our customers), a couple 10.2s (us), and several 10.3s (us and our competition), but no one can cross the single digit line. As long as our new suspension is up to the task, we should set this goal, we have the power no doubt. Now my boss just had to have surgery and might not be up to the taks of racing, so I might have to. Wish us luck... Stan