Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
At least it's been circumcised.

Howard

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Looks like your GT has a very little dick....
It may be little but the condom is still too short. :lol

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
My FGT has dual dicks. It has another hose that drains the a/c evaporator's condensation to under the car. OEM the water drains to the front pan and leaks out wherever.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Here's a photo that caught my FGT's pecker exposing itself on the track!

Attachments

• Track FGT drain hose HT4U5373.jpg
    Track FGT drain hose HT4U5373.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 271

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Here's a photo that caught my FGT's pecker exposing itself on the track!

Probably taking a leak...:lol

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ice, you may want to burn holes through you tube and cap and put in a cotter pin to keep the cap from falling off.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Ice, you may want to burn holes through you tube and cap and put in a cotter pin to keep the cap from falling off.

I don't want to drill a hole in it or some residual oil may leak out. If this falls off or leaks I will have to replace it with a barb fitting covered with a female NPT cap. It does fit nicely and I am hoping that the fiction will keep in on.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Clinton you sample your oil? :) thats an awesome trick and for someone who is running c16 and needs to change the oil constantly is a great tip, really appreciate sharing this.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Clinton you sample your oil? :) thats an awesome trick and for someone who is running c16 and needs to change the oil constantly is a great tip, really appreciate sharing this.
Methanol is probably even worst than C16. I think it would be great to use for a 80 to 90% oil change if you are running corrosive fuels and don't want to put the car on the lift and remove the belly pans. Just stick a container under the car and turn the valve from the topside. It still would be a good idea to remove the pans once in while to inspect stuff.

I was planning on sampling the oil through there but am having 2nd thoughts. Everything I read say not to reuse the tubing, I would be doing that. So I think I will use a suction pump and use the valve only to change oil neatly.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Great idea, I had thought of this but wasnt sure what type valve to use so thanks for the post and as mentioned in an above post no matter how careful iI am I still seem to make a mess draining the oil

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
I just did the cleanest oil change I've ever done on the GT.

Popped a hose on the valve, zipped down a hose clamp to be safe, and opened the valve. All the oil went in the bucket, none on the frame or the lift.

I was so happy, I almost forgot to pull the 2 drain plugs in the pan.

Thanks again for the great tip!!!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I've had good luck with this, which allows me to still use the accufab plugs with magnets. Funnel seems to be out of production, maybe some still out there.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/form-a-funnel.do

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
......................... Funnel seems to be out of production, maybe some still out there.

Several sizes on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/4-75-Form---F...TF8&qid=1430062369&sr=1-2&keywords=pig+funnel

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I've had good luck with this, which allows me to still use the accufab plugs with magnets. Funnel seems to be out of production, maybe some still out there.

Do you have a photo of how you routed this funnel from the dry sump so oil didn't get all over the frame, etc.?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I don't. I just rolled it up and held it up as I pulled the plug. Nothing on the frame. To give proper credit, I learned this from rich and Dennis, but they were at a remote garage, and were using cardboard. Used their idea, different tool.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I bought both the Fumoto and GT Tech's version. I have not installed either yet due to other unrelated BS, but I'm thinking that GT Tech's is the more elegant solution frankly.

And a couple versions of Pig's malleable funnels as additional backup too

Last edited:

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
GT Tech version ?

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
GT Tech version ?

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...k-and-Clean-oil-drain-kit?p=398925#post398925

Elegant but much more expensive IMO.

During my last oil change, I installed the Fumoto F107N and it fit perfectly.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
During my last oil change, I installed the Fumoto F107N and it fit perfectly.

Same here, installed a F107N on both the Ford GT and Morgan M3W.
Very simple and effective solution.