FUEL SENSOR PROBLEMS

GRUMPY MECHANIC

Sep 26, 2023

Hi I am writing to you from Australia where there are no 2005 GT experts, the 2005 gt I am looking after has had the usual gauge problems which the forum has been most helpful, but the fuel gauge is not working and the engine check light is now on with code from computer is" PO463 fuel level sensor A circuit high input ". The guy who sold me the updated gauges informs me there are no Fuel level Sensors available.
Can anyone please advise me of an alternate or fix
Thank you

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The fuel level is measured by ultrasound I think. Most likely the gauge. Autometer in Illinois still makes new small gauges. Do a search here on this Forum

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
I'd think that's more likely a wiring or connector issue to the sensor rather than the sensor itself. In 20 years of working on these I've never actually seen a sensor fail. The code is suggesting an open or intermittent connection to the sensor. This can be a really frustrating problem to track down especially if it's intermittent. Lots of patience and a copy of the wiring diagrams will be required.

GRUMPY MECHANIC

Sep 26, 2023
thank you for your replies, I have already installed the Autometer modified gauge, also at same time replaced the oil pressure gauge which also was not working, it works now. I am about to follow the wiring all the way from tank to gauge to look for a break or damage any more suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks again