Frustration with Saleen

Craig

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2006
San Diego
My car is at Saleen in Irvine for repair. I am having difficulty getting valid info from them. Does anyone know someone there who would be sympathetic to a customers issues and help resolve them?

Thanks,

Craig

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Is it a red car?

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Whats wrong with your car?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
What's the matter, did the hot dog smoker go out?

ladams1

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Central Florida
Saleen help

My car is at Saleen in Irvine for repair. I am having difficulty getting valid info from them. Does anyone know someone there who would be sympathetic to a customers issues and help resolve them?

Thanks,

Craig

Craig, the issue about customer support or even being nice is an issue with Saleen. I have a freind who has a Ford dealership and he has Saleens. He tells me they are rude to them and customers. Also spare parts are difficult.
I did not buy a saleen S7 for that reason.

I have a mechanic locally in florida but that is not much help to you. i would Google to get the Saleen website and you will find several dealers who work on your car. They may be able to help

I wish I could help more.

Lee

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
lee
my same feelings.
after what i went through with my extreme, and partially with my gt, that was the last straw.
i had been eye-balling an s7 for 2008, but after what i learned about saleen and have seen on other boards, i'm done with them !!!!

example:this mustang forum has pages and pages of saleen complaints:
http://www.mustangforums.com/fb.asp?m=3019278

sam
#1451--------red/white
ps--saleen is not the saleen it was back in the 80's

Craig

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2006
San Diego
I went to Saleen today and met Mat Wright. He is the S7 production manager and recently took over the Specialty business. He listened intenly to my issues while taking copious notes, and agreed with everything I had to say. He was very professional and understanding, and he did everything right. The car, and the customer, is now receiving the attention that it should have earlier. He has assured me that he will personally oversee the work and ensure that it is completed in a timely manner. He will also keep me informed of progress on a regular basis. It is clear that he has the attitude that a disgruntled customer is an opportunity to do the right thing, and he has. I have no complaints. Thanks for all the offline help and suggestions.

Craig

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
lee
my same feelings.
after what i went through with my extreme, and partially with my gt, that was the last straw.
i had been eye-balling an s7 for 2008, but after what i learned about saleen and have seen on other boards, i'm done with them !!!!

example:this mustang forum has pages and pages of saleen complaints:
http://www.mustangforums.com/fb.asp?m=3019278

sam
#1451--------red/white
ps--saleen is not the saleen it was back in the 80's
Thanks for posting that thread I was considering a Extreme as well, But not anymore.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I went to Saleen today and met Mat Wright. He is the S7 production manager and recently took over the Specialty business. He listened intenly to my issues while taking copious notes, and agreed with everything I had to say. He was very professional and understanding, and he did everything right. The car, and the customer, is now receiving the attention that it should have earlier. He has assured me that he will personally oversee the work and ensure that it is completed in a timely manner. He will also keep me informed of progress on a regular basis. It is clear that he has the attitude that a disgruntled customer is an opportunity to do the right thing, and he has. I have no complaints. Thanks for all the offline help and suggestions.

Craig

Good to hear Craig.

Like any company, there are miscommunications and errors. That said, Saleen has always been VERY good to us GT owners. From the Rally, to fixing peoples cars, to answering technical questions and general support, they have always been great. And though they've had to deal with the normal revolving staff doors that go along with producing cars, I've found a number of GREAT people at their organization. Rather than blowing off an issue like the packing of the wall mounts, they went crazy to rectify it. That's the best indication of an organization...how they act once things have gone south to fix it!

:cheers

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Totally agree with Dave, Saleen at Troy, MI has gone above and beyond for me. Private tours, photos generally not allowed were permitted, ALL documentation for my car provided, warranty and aftermarket work was exceptional, off-line conversations, etc. I couldn't be happier. Never been to the Irvine facility so I can't say but I have spoken to some employees there, they also seem first rate.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
My contacts with Saleen have been first cabin. As a Ferrari owner who has gone back to the factory many times, and having visited many factories, last year Rolls Royce new Goodwood plant, including Mazda two weeks ago, I will clearly state the the treatment our owner's group received last year at the rally surpassed any and all previously received.

If I was in the market for a hotted up 'stang, I would be a PJ edition.

I also hope that Saleen continues to support out FGT group.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Craig-

Seems you figured out what I went through with Saleen. Gotta find the right person to talk to/deal with.

Still a great company though. Troy was a treat and I'm looking forward to Irvine in August.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
My brother recently purchased a Saleen PJ through them direct (Irvine) and nothing but great, fast service. There was an issue to iron right after delivery and they stepped up to the plate immediately.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
I have only the utmost respect and admiration for Steve Saleen and his company.
Saleen and his people went out of their way to put out the red carpet in hosting a magnificent, and "over the top" GT Rally gathering at the Troy location last September that included private and up close tours of the plant during actual GT production, full access to the production staff, freedom with picture taking, wonderful food, drink, music, rides in an S7 and Extreme, on the spot adjustments to GT owner's cars etc etc. In a nutshell we were treated like family and my son and I felt lucky to be there.

On the night of the official Ball at the Henry Ford Facility I happened to join in on a casual conversation that Todd from California was having with Steve Saleen. Along the line Steve asked me about my car and became very concerned when I casually mentioned a problem I was having with it popping out of gear. Steve Saleen took charge right then and there and I mean charge!!! I have never seen anything like it by anyone in any similar type situation. He immediately asked someone he knew, who was walking by, to ask Glenn Duvall of Ford to come over to hear my story. Three minutes later Glenn arrives and was all ears. Two days later while back home in Toronto Canada working in my office, I received a call from Ford Head Office in Oakville first apologizing for my inconvenience and then briefing me on how they wanted to make good. On top of that I was asked if this plan was to my acceptance - I KID YOU NOT.

Steve Saleen would have liked to have serviced this matter himself, but because of the warranty situation, Ford and my location across the border, made sure that I was being looked after and fast. It was because of Saleen's involvement that I was treated the way I was which is first class! :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I have only the utmost respect and admiration for Steve Saleen and his company.
Saleen and his people went out of their way to put out the red carpet in hosting a magnificent, and "over the top" GT Rally gathering at the Troy location last September that included private and up close tours of the plant during actual GT production, full access to the production staff, freedom with picture taking, wonderful food, drink, music, rides in an S7 and Extreme, on the spot adjustments to GT owner's cars etc etc. In a nutshell we were treated like family and my son and I felt lucky to be there.

On the night of the official Ball at the Henry Ford Facility I happened to join in on a casual conversation that Todd from California was having with Steve Saleen. Along the line Steve asked me about my car and became very concerned when I casually mentioned a problem I was having with it popping out of gear. Steve Saleen took charge right then and there and I mean charge!!! I have never seen anything like it by anyone in any similar type situation. He immediately asked someone he knew, who was walking by, to ask Glenn Duvall of Ford to come over to hear my story. Three minutes later Glenn arrives and was all ears. Two days later while back home in Toronto Canada working in my office, I received a call from Ford Head Office in Oakville first apologizing for my inconvenience and then briefing me on how they wanted to make good. On top of that I was asked if this plan was to my acceptance - I KID YOU NOT.

Steve Saleen would have liked to have serviced this matter himself, but because of the warranty situation, Ford and my location across the border, made sure that I was being looked after and fast. It was because of Saleen's involvement that I was treated the way I was which is first class! :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

well said, here - here!

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
I have had a couple Saleens over the years. And they moved a few times as well. They have always treated me right and solved my problems. I do have to say that one person I was working with came off a bit arrogant, but they got the job done. The others were very good. So say one that may be considered rude vs. about 8 good. That's not a bad ratio IMO.

fly-by

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
saleen extreme

My experience with saleen has been just the opposite of the experience some have posted on this forum and the mustang forum. My car has been trouble free and a real joy to drive. I picked it up at the troy facility and found the people there to be exceptional in customer service skills. I get compliments on the car everywhere i go. I had some follow up questions about some of the issues posted on the board and contacted the troy facility to inquire. The contact was after hrs and i left a message. The following morining a recieved a call bright and early with an answer that completely satisfied my inquiry. I would not hesitate to buy another car from them.....hopefully an s-7. The only issue i have had with my car is getting it serviced at the ford dealer here in colorado.......if you wan"t to talk about poor customer service they are really a prime example. I also had some work done on my Gt at the troy facility......again very good customer service coupled with excellent work on the car.

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
I have always found Saleen to be top notch. I cleaned my engine support bar with brake cleaner ( DON"T DO IT !!) and they sent me a spray can of touch up no charge. And we all know how we were treated at the rally :thumbsup

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Be patient young patawon