FRPP pulley / tune GT goes 10.92 @ 130mph

hmg_57

GT Owner
May 6, 2007
My father took his GT to the drag strip last weekend and went 10.92 @ 130mph on worn 18" drag radials (1.75 60ft). It was his second time with the car at the drag strip. He went 12.X @ 124.5 bone stock last fall spinning through first gear.

I think he did pretty good but don't have much information on track performance for these cars...

Here's a vid of the run

[video]http://www.streetfire.net/video/ford-gt-drag-1092-13023mph_2069530.htm[/video]

What do you guys think ?

Last edited:
H

HHGT

Sweet....

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
The best I did with a pulley and tune (610whp) with the stock tires was 11.07 at 132.

Have not tested since TTing the car.

hmg_57

GT Owner
May 6, 2007
Mullet, was that an FRPP pulley / tune ? I hear the factory package leaves quite a bit of power on the table. Datalogged the car once and saw the commanded air fuel ratio going WAY rich to protect exhaust valves / catalytic converters. Would love to tune it myself but I'm a bit scared to mess up such an expensive engine. :willy

Anyway, please let us know when you take the beast to the track ? :thumbsup

What about 4.0L Whipple powered GTs ? I see lots of pretty impressive dyno numbers but not much data on track performance, which is what really matters in the end. Any of 'em made it into the 9s / 140+ mph territory ?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Datalogged the car once and saw the commanded air fuel ratio going WAY rich...

You said that very accurately in that you recorded commanded values - but no way to tell what the result was. First step toward tuning would be to install a wideband - either in a newly installed bung or turn off the rear O2's and use one of the existing bungs. 10.92 is a great time for "just" a pully'd GT!

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Mullet, was that an FRPP pulley / tune ? I hear the factory package leaves quite a bit of power on the table. Datalogged the car once and saw the commanded air fuel ratio going WAY rich to protect exhaust valves / catalytic converters. Would love to tune it myself but I'm a bit scared to mess up such an expensive engine. :willy

Mine was pullied and tuned by Hennessey.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
the difference is all in traction, there are a lot of modifired cars, whipple, tt, ect...but up until recently only you and another guy in san antonio have ran drag radials at the track, my car ran a 10.7 at a 140 on bald, bone stock F1 goodyears last year when it was making about 820 to the wheels, I think I could have got into 10.50's with a bit more practice,(that day I just made two passes). I would bet any whipple car making close to 800 can break into 9's with a good set of drag radial and a good launch, say 1.60 60ft times, my best 60ft that day was a 1.89 on the stock tires and everytime I shifted the car was spinning a bit also. but I look forward to seeing the first gt break into the 9's on street tires :)

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
I think a TT Heffner car ran a 9.9x on Micheline PS2s almost 2 years ago. Jason started a thread about it.

hmg_57

GT Owner
May 6, 2007
Vid of said run :thumbsup

[video]http://www.streetfire.net/video/ford-gt-drag-1092-13023mph_2069530.htm[/video]