FRPP pulley and tune.

jim gibson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 13, 2009
warren, ohio
Anybody had any problems with the FRRP pulley and tune? Is there a better one?
Thanks, Jim.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I also have the FRPP Power Upgrade Kit (M-2005-GT). There are others that will put out a bit more power, as the Ford tune is a bit conservative. However, I've been quite happy with its performance, and find that I'll probably never be able to use all its power on a road course. For the "mile" addicts, a more aggressive tune is probably a better choice.

jim gibson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 13, 2009
warren, ohio
Thanks Ralphie.

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
What kind of power does Ford claim on this upgrade ?
Rock

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
100 hp

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Sounds correct. I added the Ford Pulley and Tune and Exhaust and the car now Dyno's at 612 HP at the wheels. So maybe 650 at the engine? (100 more that stock 550)
No issues to date although I do agree with Ralphie about the Texas MIle (although HEAT was an issue last year)
AJB

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I can help you with that or if you want to go the custom calibration route I sell that with a 2.76 pulley as well.

If interested Email me
torrie@fastpartsnetwork.com

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
We've installed several different pulley and tunes on various GT's and I think that the FRPP kit is a very nice example at an attractive price point. The FRPP kit includes the SC oil that you need (2 small bottles @ ~$22 each) and it also includes spacers to place under the power steering pump mount to the engine. These spacers move the power steering pump and pulley out ~1/4" which makes up for the reduced belt length due to the smaller pulley. The spacers are a PITA to install but they are a nice touch to make the kit complete. The pulley is very nicely manufactured and has the word, "WHIPPLE" machined into it. :wink

I would highly recommend the kit. I would wait until a GT with the FRPP kit is dyno'd same day and same time with another GT with pulley and tune before concluding which has more power. My estimate is that the results would be very close - and could even surprise conventional wisdom (that the Ford engineers were conservative).

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
I also have the FRPP Power Upgrade Kit (M-2005-GT). There are others that will put out a bit more power, as the Ford tune is a bit conservative. However, I've been quite happy with its performance, and find that I'll probably never be able to use all its power on a road course. For the "mile" addicts, a more aggressive tune is probably a better choice.

I found the pulley gave me more torque and thus was able to down shift to third rather than second at two corners at Sebring. It was easier on the car and yielded faster results. I tuned for 630 RWHP.

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
zrchris did a nice excel spread sheet on multiple pulley options.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17736&highlight=pulley+comparison&page=4

Brand dia PSI
1. stock = 3.307 = 12.50
2. Roush = 3.150 = 13.13
3. Metco = 3.000 = 13.78
4. FRPP = 2.884 = 14.33
5. Whipple = 2.870 = 14.40
6. Metco = 2.800 = 14.76
7. Hefner = 2.750 = 15.03
8. Whipple = 2.700 = 15.31

Thanks again zrchris.

griffbl

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 8, 2006
Dallas, TX
FRPP Pulley and Tune

Shelby installed the Ford Racing Exhaust and Pulley, and I calibrated it with the Ford Controller. The car is measurably stronger, but I never put it on a dyno. I really enjoy the engine tone at RPM's much better than stock, while maintaining very low noise levels at low speeds.....My Two Cents.

MDT

GT Owner
Jun 24, 2006
Can you still get the Ford pulley and tune? I was worried when they recorded your vin, but now that I'm out of warranty I wouldn't mind it...

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Yes I can still get this for you if needed