Front Marker Lights Are Cracking

Johnneymax

GT Owner
Oct 31, 2011
New Jersey
Hi,

I have a 2006 FGT that I have had for a few years. I have put 2500 miles on her. Today, I noticed that the passenger side front marker light was broken. I first thought that someone had hit me, but there was absolutely no damage to the body or paint. Then I inspected the driver's side front marker light and sure enough that one is covered in tiny spider cracks. I then surmised that maybe they were screwed down to tight onto the body during installation but then I found out they are held in with clips. So I am just dumbfounded. Has anyone ran across an issue like this before?

Thanks in Advance,

John

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I have some fine spider cracks in my headlights. 12k miles.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I think some here had a similar problem. This may sound crazy but if I recall someone had an issue with the lights , not sure if it was the head lights ,fog or side marker lights but as it turned out he was missing some screws on the on the underside of the front splitter assembly and some high pressure air was getting into the fender wheel well cavity and cause some issues with the lights. I am sorry I don't recall the exact details but it was quit a few years ago.. I remember the person had some damage and it couldn't be explained he knew he never hit anything and was really perplexed, Did you do a search?

Johnneymax

GT Owner
Oct 31, 2011
New Jersey
Yes, I searched "Marker Lights" before posting. Thanks for your feedback.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Replacements should be available. They were taken from the Land Rover parts bin.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
I had to replace a rear marker light on a friends GT. Went right down to local Land Rover dealer and got the part. In stock (actually had a few in stock) $5.00 cheaper than the Ford dealer. (none in stock)

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Replacements should be available. They were taken from the Land Rover parts bin.

Hey, at least they didn't get them from a competitor (at the time) like the did in the original GT40:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...Story-Behind-the-Rear-Tail-Lights-on-the-GT40

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Does anyone have the Land Rover part numbers or the year and model the marker lights come off of ?

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
Land Rover part numbers are:
XGC000060 and XGC000070

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010