Front Bumper Blue Oval

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Did a search and couldn't find it in the workshop manual.Does anyone know if the Blue oval emblem on the front bumper is bolted on with nuts on the underside of bumper or just on with adhesive tape.(can I remove it without removing front bumper?)I have been removing all the polishing compound that is stuck in all the grooves and around the trim .Thanks.Joe

Aug 25, 2006
Did a search and couldn't find it in the workshop manual.Does anyone know if the Blue oval emblem on the front bumper is bolted on with nuts on the underside of bumper or just on with adhesive tape.(can I remove it without removing front bumper?)I have been removing all the polishing compound that is stuck in all the grooves and around the trim .Thanks.Joe

No worries

I remove them all the time when installing clear bra and toss them an install a new one

They are secured with double stick tape with three locator pins that float freely through the bumper holes.

I use a thin plastic paddle and typically some 3M adhesive remover and WHOLLA

The part number for a new one is #F2TZ-98425228-A

Takes care

Shadowman

Attachments

• DSC07438.JPG
    DSC07438.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 487
  • DSC07439.JPG
    DSC07439.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 488
Last edited:

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Thanks Shadowman!That was a big help,I will also be installing clear bra so I will make sure to install the emblem after !

Mark06GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
No worries

I remove them all the time when installing clear bra and toss them an install a new one

They are secured with double stick tape with three locator pins that float freely through the bumper holes.

I use a thin plastic paddle and typically some 3M adhesive remover and WHOLLA

The part number for a new one is #F2TZ-98425228-A

Takes care

Shadowman

Is there anything you don't know?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
He didn't know enough to buy a RED car!

Aug 25, 2006
He didn't know enough to buy a RED car!

However I do have red valve covers; does this count?

All the best

Shadowman

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You're absolutely right Shadow, I'd forgotten.

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
lol

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Colored inserts

I'm talking to a company that will make color inserts for the front badge. Any interest for a Black / Chrome insert (yes pe2unia, Shadowman and Torrie - i got ya already)?

Would look good on a yellow car.

And yes Frank I've even asked if they can do red for ya.

Feedback?

Aug 25, 2006
I'm talking to a company that will make color inserts for the front badge. Any interest for a Black / Chrome insert (yes pe2unia, Shadowman and Torrie - i got ya already)?

Feedback?

I am pulling mine off at this time; I hope the wait is not long

Thank you

Shadowman

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
I'd take a red one if they become available.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta

Feedback?

Lighter Blue to match the Heritage? :thumbsup

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks Shadowman!That was a big help,I will also be installing clear bra so I will make sure to install the emblem after !

The precut clear bra kits I have received have a cut out for the badge. No badge removal required.

Last edited:

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
The precut clear bra kits I have received have a cut out for the badge.

Yep and when I cut them I leave the material in the oval so the installer can put it on the emblem. :thumbsup

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Yep and when I cut them I leave the material in the oval so the installer can put it on the emblem. :thumbsup

?? :confused

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
?? :confused

I cut the front section with the cut out for the oval but instead of removing the oval I leave it on the backing sheet so the installer can use it if they like.
There are all kinds of uses for the excess including covering signatures on the supports in the engine compartment. :thumbsup

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I cut the front section with the cut out for the oval but instead of removing the oval I leave it on the backing sheet so the installer can use it if they like.
There are all kinds of uses for the excess including covering signatures on the supports in the engine compartment. :thumbsup

got it !! :thumbsup

Aug 25, 2006
I remove the oval when installing clear bra hence no cut out and then reintall the oval once the process has been complted.

This way there are no edges to trap dirt etc.

Takes care

Shadowman

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA

Feedback?

I'm in Mike! :thumbsup

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
I'm interested in a black, chrome or black chrome badge