Friend looking for Black GT

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
Hello everyone! I've been away for a while, I decided to buy a LP640 and had no choice but to sell my GT but continue to monitor the forum. A good friend of mine from Westchester County NY is looking for a 05 or 06 in black. He found one at Elite in Arkansas but they want big money IMO for the car. If anyone knows of a car for sale or are looking to sell their own please let me know, it must be black! You can pm me if you'd like. Thanks in advance!!! Dan

Moderators Note

Nobody knows more about Ford GT values than Shelby at Elite Autos. The car in question is consigned by an owner who is not in a big hurry to sell it and is content to wait until the market turns around somewhat. Though no Forum rules have been violated here I am most uncomfortable about a potentially derogatory remark concerning Shelby or any one of our vendors. As the world's largest Ford GT dealer who possesses an absolutely sterling reputation, Shelby is the first person I send prospective buyers to when they tell me they are looking for pristine, undamage Ford GT. Elite Autos is one of very few places I would purchase a Ford GT without requiring a prepurchase inspection.

Chip

Last edited by a moderator:

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I think in terms of value, Shelby at Elite, or BJ motors, will be a better deal in the long run than most sellers who may be asking a few thousand less. That is because they take the risk out of the purchase. Their reputation is worth a lot and they stand behind what they sell. Sadly, lots of cars for sale out there have hidden damage and problems that are very costly to fix and not readily seen.

I think Shelby's black twin turbo is a great deal. If I didn't already have a black no stripe car, I would be all over that one.

If you don't buy one from them - make sure Shadowman, the GT guys or Kendall does a PPI. Worth any price.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
CP-1

Black no stripe car ................. Hey Joey , buddy, you ready to sell? :biggrin

--

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
I think Shelby's black twin turbo is a great deal. If I didn't already have a black no stripe car, I would be all over that one.

If you don't buy one from them - make sure Shadowman, the GT guys or Kendall does a PPI. Worth any price.[/QUOTE]

I agree that stripe delete car is beautiful and it has some nice mods, I just think they want too much! I'm a little out of touch with the GT values, I'm basing my thoughts on what I got for my 2006 with all four options and 6600 miles in January. Without putting anyone on the spot what is a fair number for that black car/no stripe at Elite?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
everyone know blk no stripe is priceless:biggrin\\

depends on the miles Iwould say between 145k to170 and even higher for extremey low mile cars ..... shelby what do you say?

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
everyone know blk no stripe is priceless:biggrin\\

depends on the miles Iwould say between 145k to170 and even higher for extremey low mile cars ..... shelby what do you say?

I believe the number on the car is 150k but like I said I'm not real up on the market!

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
I believe the number on the car is 150k but like I said I'm not real up on the market!

I think you may be around that region for a car with no mods but the car you're talking about has a TT kit which is a 35k option.

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
I think you may be around that region for a car with no mods but the car you're talking about has a TT kit which is a 35k option.

Actually the TT is the other black stripe delete car they have with 4800 miles, this one has exhaust/pulley etc. with under 4k miles!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Thanks for reccomending me fellow forum members!!!. I believe I talked to this guy earlier today. He is interested in the black NO Stripe 05 that is NOT the TT modded car. That particular car is on consignment. 99% of the cas in our inventory are owned by us, but on rare ocassion we consign cars that we sold to customers in the past. This car falls in that category. The owner of this car bought BEFORE the prices came down last fall. He is asking what he paid (mid $170's) which back in the summer/early fall was very reasonable for a black stripe delete. Now, after the prices fell over the winter, The values are a little lower. I am actually seeing them go back up, but I dont think it gone back up quite that much yet for this car to selll in that price range. Now, the Twin Turbo Black no stripe is and was a STEAL!!!!
We are currently trying to see what we can come up with in Black no stripe.....

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
Thanks for reccomending me fellow forum members!!!. I believe I talked to this guy earlier today. He is interested in the black NO Stripe 05 that is NOT the TT modded car. That particular car is on consignment. 99% of the cas in our inventory are owned by us, but on rare ocassion we consign cars that we sold to customers in the past. This car falls in that category. The owner of this car bought BEFORE the prices came down last fall. He is asking what he paid (mid $170's) which back in the summer/early fall was very reasonable for a black stripe delete. Now, after the prices fell over the winter, The values are a little lower. I am actually seeing them go back up, but I dont think it gone back up quite that much yet for this car to selll in that price range. Now, the Twin Turbo Black no stripe is and was a STEAL!!!!
We are currently trying to see what we can come up with in Black no stripe.....

Yes that was him you spoke to and thank you for your insight, I agree with everything you and yes in the same breath still believe he is quite high at mid $170's! Hopefully Mike gave you his info and if not I'll make sure you get it just in case this guy has more flexibility or something else comes in. Thank you for your response and he is a real buyer so stay tuned on him. Dan

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
So is that Black TT GT at Elite still available?

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
So is that Black TT GT at Elite still available?

I'm pretty sure! It's a beautiful ride. I've thought about it. Considered it. Had some day dreams about it. It is certainly one, bad-ass ride. And yes, is a steal IMO.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Sorry, its sold.....

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
My friend located a black GT at Champion Motors in Long Island, NY. The car is a 2005 with 4600 miles on it and the vin ends in 1962. Does anyone have knowledge of this vehicle. I ran a carfax and aside from the original title being done in Alabama in February 2006 and the car being sold at a Florida auction in November 2008 I can't find any other history. Their are no open warranties on the vehicle. He is having the car checked out tomorrow but I know the wealth of knowledge on this forum might be helpful. He will be new to thew GT experience and hopefully we can help out as much as possible.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Car has been for sale by them for quite some time. I am sure that there have been some comments on it on this site. Hopefully those people will chime in......

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
I have looked the car over in person what would you like to know?I know it did have a small chip in the windshield ,quite a few stone chips on the front and a nick on the edge of the drivers door just above the door handle.Looks to be no paintwork although it does need a good professional polishing.I did not drive it or start it though.How picky is your friend?

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Is this the infamous 'Orange County Choppers' GT?

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Is this the infamous 'Orange County Choppers' GT?
I don't think so....

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
That car has a stripe

I though you were in search of an all black, stripe delete (zero stripes).

If he is OK with stripes there are more cars out there.....

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
I have looked the car over in person what would you like to know?I know it did have a small chip in the windshield ,quite a few stone chips on the front and a nick on the edge of the drivers door just above the door handle.Looks to be no paintwork although it does need a good professional polishing.I did not drive it or start it though.How picky is your friend?

Thanks for your feedback Joe! Like all of us he is picky but does not expect perfection. Heck I took a stone on my oil cooler intake the day I bought my LP640, it happens. He has someone going to check out the car thoroughly today to look for paint work and of course drive it and put it up in the air. Detailing is easy as is the windshield repair as long as it is not too big! Your comments are much appreciated and should you remember or hear of something else please let me know. Best, Dan