Frame Screws Question

vramani

GT Owner
Jan 25, 2009
Does anyone know where to purchase matching hex screws to install ford license plate frame.

1. Stock are black and I am missing one?
2. The frame i ordered from ford is the: M-1828-GT

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I have them in stock if you need some.

torrie@fastpartsnetwork.com

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Get the OEM's from Torrie (they're not cheap - not Torrie's fault), or you can use a fastener that is M6 x 1.0.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Get the OEM's from Torrie (they're not cheap - not Torrie's fault), or you can use a fastener that is M6 x 1.0.

Thank you Kendall for the 'Do not shoot the messenger clause' :thumbsup

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I ordered mine from McMaster-Carr....I bought stainless (18-8) metric Allen socket head cap screws (M6-1 x 25 mm): $12.88 for pack of 50. Add some stainless flat washers under the heads, and a little assembly lube on the threads to keep the stainless from galling in the aluminum.

www.mcmaster.com

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Thank you Kendall for the 'Do not shoot the messenger clause'

Yeah, I know where you are coming from. We get GT's in here now and again that are missing a pan screw here or there. People think you're crazy for charging them $3 or $4 per screw..... but that's what they cost and, although I have tried, I haven't found an identical (captive washer) button-head M6 T27 Torx screw anywhere else.

For the license plate screws, RALPHIE and I have the same idea!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
If you can afford a GT, and you only need a couple screws, who cares about 10 bucks or so? If you need 50 of them then I would start worring about it. I am sure Torrie could hook you up nicely on a screw or two.(no pun intended :poof:) You only need one, so sounds like you could probably get one from torries shipped for under $10. If you were local to me, I would give you one! Dont tell anybody though, then everybody would be wanting some free stuff! LOL

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
If you can afford a GT, and you only need a couple screws, who cares about 10 bucks or so? If you need 50 of them then I would start worring about it. I am sure Torrie could hook you up nicely on a screw or two.(no pun intended :poof:) You only need one, so sounds like you could probably get one from torries shipped for under $10. If you were local to me, I would give you one! Dont tell anybody though, then everybody would be wanting some free stuff! LOL

if I fly over can I get one for free?:biggrin

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Fo sho my brother!