Found On Road Dead...

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Mod Friendly said:
Stefan your a funny guy man nice meeting you. :thumbsup

Mod, I have heard another one, "Nos for the motor is like cocaine for the body, it makes it feel soooo good just before it kills it".

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
Isn't that noise the supercgarger spooling up?

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
my bad

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
centerpunch said:

More like youre hitting it with a piece of metal instead of a drumstick.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
That clip was brilliant - thanks for the link.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
centerpunch said:
That's the best SNL skit ever, it's on the "Best of Will Farrell" DVD, too.

Bass-O-matic. :lol

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
It did it again last night...

Allan-lambo

Mar 4, 2006
Holy crap Abolfz! I was wondering why you were never offering anymore input on the board about the Gt. After hearing all the easy high upgrades for the Gt, i was deciding whether or not to buy a new Murci 640 or just buy another used a Murci and Ford Gt. After reading your problems, and not even going into your other problems I am not so sure anymore.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Allan-lambo said:
Holy crap Abolfz! I was wondering why you were never offering anymore input on the board about the Gt. After hearing all the easy high upgrades for the Gt, i was deciding whether or not to buy a new Murci 640 or just buy another used a Murci and Ford Gt. After reading your problems, and not even going into your other problems I am not so sure anymore.

I'm being stalked! Allan, check my reply on l-power.

By did it again, I meant that I got the cowbell noise again, not the broken bolt (sorry for the confusion). Even with the problems I've had, I still swear by the car, I think I just might have gotten one that needs a little sorting out (it happens), just take a look at all the other owners here that have had no issues whatsoever.

Just go for a ride in a GT and you'll buy it.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Lambo Mambo

Allan-lambo said:
Allan,

buy a GT !

PS: If you still want a Lambo, I´ll get you a crazy discount.. I am very close friends with some ex-ferrari guys now working in Lamborghini.. But trust me, buy a GT ! :biggrin

stefan

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I can tell abolfaz is a boat man, the patience and understanding of problems makes it loud and clear. I just bought a new 45' boat and it's got lots of minor problems and a few medium problems. Everyone keeps telling me to relax, it's the way boats are. Always something wrong and new boats take a while to get sorted out.

Cars on the other hand, even minor problems piss us all off. It's not fun to have a broken toy, but at least we have the toy :biggrin

gwbartlett

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Indiana
Axle Flange

It appears that there was a "process" problem on some of the Ricardo transaxles. The axle flanges were over torqued. It has been reported on a few cars according to a GT engineer but not enough to warrant a recall or TSB. Replacement parts are available.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
gwbartlett said:
It appears that there was a "process" problem on some of the Ricardo transaxles. The axle flanges were over torqued. It has been reported on a few cars according to a GT engineer but not enough to warrant a recall or TSB. Replacement parts are available.

"During the first lap with our initial Fort GT test car, a couple of over-torqued half-shaft companion-flange bolts failed sending the open differential into freewheeling mode." - Motor Trend Dec 2005 Page 56

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
nota4re said:
"During the first lap with our initial Fort GT test car, a couple of over-torqued half-shaft companion-flange bolts failed sending the open differential into freewheeling mode." - Motor Trend Dec 2005 Page 56

Thats the first I've heard of that? I don't know how I missed this article. Three hundred miles later, so far so good, I still haven't regained full confidence in the car yet.

On another note, my wife saw a new Z06 last night and she said "I'd rather be in the ford any day over that P.O.S." :thumbsup

Last edited:

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
The car is going to the dealer tomorrow for some other small issues (non that would leave me stranded) so I decided to wash the car before I sent it off. As I was drying the car I noticed that the stickers (stripes) above the drivers side rocker panel were starting to peel off in three places! Am I the only one thats had this problem? :confused

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
A lady with fine taste!

Manny

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Any interest in an update?

Pipelion

:thumbsup Yes,

Allan

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Absolutely

Yes, we all need to know all chapters of the story and make sure it has a happy ending.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
abolfaz said:
Any interest in an update?

Please say it's a good one...