Forum newbie and WTB

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Happy holidays everyone

I am excited to be part of this forum with its wealth of information, stickies, and FAQs and am taking the holiday season to read through the information contained here.

As I am sure is the case with many of you, I grew up being in love with the GT40 and 1960s Mustangs. I recently stopped by the holman moody shop in Charlotte and saw many of the original Mk II tubs and a lot of racing history. I spent some time investigating the appreciation rates of the vintage Shelby and Boss Mustangs, and they compare quite favorably with stock market returns. And I'm sure it is no surprise to anyone here that the FGT in the past several years has seen significant appreciation. So I've decided that not only can I satisfy one of my dreams by buying the best looking car of all time, but it makes financial sense as well.

I've got a 1971 Pantera that I need to sell before taking the plunge. I'm guessing it will be March before I get this done. I think the FGT looks great in red, but I'm not that picky about color. And not too concerned about mileage. Hopefully I can find something for around $200k in a few months. Any recommendations for financing?

In the mean time, I will keep reading the forum and familiarizing myself with the FGT.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Welcome.
Best of luck with your search.
Mark

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Welcome and Good luck. There are a few of us around Atlanta. Contact me if you have any questions I'm one of the relative newer guys here and everyone here is very helpful. Prices seem to keep going up
so if you find the right deal go for it now.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
You won’t regret ever getting a FGT! Good luck in your search.Elite motors and Ford GT’s for sale