Forget all other tire options - these just made my day.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
OK, so if this size fits, there are Michelin PS that are the same size, why not go with them? I read the reviews by owners of these tires, and some weren't very complimentary. Just FYI. Seems as they wear down, they get loud, poor wear, bad in rain, etc., etc., etc.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Look at my post number 72

They are the tires on the standard factory wheels.

I like them a lot.

The little wider than the rims has a nice look - makes them seem a little more of a monster tire than with the true straight sidewalls.

You can buy them through Discount. I paid $1386.00 with no road hazard but Road Force balancing.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9743

SKGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2008
Johns Creek, Ga
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the PS2s are 345/30 not 345/35 and are about 6% shorter than stock.

H

HHGT

I've had the same setup as HHGT for about 2 weeks (1K miles) and agree with him 100%. After the whipple, 1st and 2nd were not very usable. Now I could use more hps. The 345/35 is the closest tire height to the F1s available on stock rims. The revs per mile is 728 vs 722 stock (basically in the noise). The treadwear rating is 140 and they hookup nicely.

I have a side view picture but the file is 2.3M and will not upload.

email to geoviz@gmail.com and I will resize and upload

Sam

SKGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2008
Johns Creek, Ga
pictures of Bridgestones 345/35 & 265/40

GT21.JPG

GT31.JPG

Thanks Sam for resizing.

Steve

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No, when you put the same size tire into the TireRack computer, it also gives you some PS2's of the same size.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Wow! Big difference there.
Just have to bring the VBox every time to keep an accurate reading of speed.

Bruce did some diameter calcs and they are very close to stock diameters.

I didn't want to lose clearance or screw up my speedo/odo.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
No, when you put the same size tire into the TireRack computer, it also gives you some PS2's of the same size.

No PS2 for the rear that are close to the correct diameter in any wheel size and none for the 19". There are some Pirelli Corsas that will fit the rear.

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
[QUOTE
Thanks Sam for resizing.

Steve[/QUOTE]

Great shots! How about some looking at the car from the rear and down over the rear fender?

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
I had used the PS2 in my GT3 (OEM tires) and on a F355. Then ran the P Zero Corsa's on the GT3. The PS2's are just very good street tires with a treadwear rating of 220 and can't even be compared to tires like the P0 Corsa with a wear rateing of 60 or even the RE050A at 140. If the P0 Corsa's or the Pilot Sport Cups were available in 265/345 sizes, these would have been my choice over the RE050A's.

Apr 24, 2006
I had used the PS2 in my GT3 (OEM tires) and on a F355. Then ran the P Zero Corsa's on the GT3. The PS2's are just very good street tires with a treadwear rating of 220 and can't even be compared to tires like the P0 Corsa with a wear rateing of 60 or even the RE050A at 140. If the P0 Corsa's or the Pilot Sport Cups were available in 265/345 sizes, these would have been my choice over the RE050A's.

Thanks to the new Porsche GT2, you can get the Michelin Sport Cups in 265/345.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Michelin&model=Pilot+Sport+Cup

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Here is a pic of my Bridgestone Potenenzas (same spec as Bruce and Sam's) sitting on the rack, ready to go on early next week. Look at the difference in overall diameters between front and rear...

Photo_05.jpg

I think the rack accentuates the difference. The smaller diameter also sinks in the rack further.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I think the rack accentuates the difference. The smaller diameter also sinks in the rack further.

Very good observation. I hadn't thought about it.

You must be a man who knows how to appreciate a well built rack! :thumbsup

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006

I doubt it. The diameter difference between the OEM tire (new) and the Bridgestone pictured is .3". On radius, that it .15" or approximately 1/8". Add the fact that the OEM are used and then the overall diameter difference is almost negligable.

I will concede, however, that sometimes 1/8" is visibly discernable - especially when it is the difference between a warm rack and a cold rack.

Last edited:

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Cold Hoosiers are plain dangerous

Not if you control your right foot. :lol

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
When I had the Whipple installed, the Goodyears on the car became useless. One day Kendall (aka Cooltech-LLC) called me and suggested that I look at the Scuderia which were made for the Enzo Ferrari. That got me thinking and at C&C I brought it up to HeritageBruce. Well Bruce took the idea and ran with it and shortly emailed me the tires to get. Well, I called Tire Rack and had them shipped. The next week was an adventure on its own trying to find a Road Force GSP9700 http://www.hunter.com/pub/product/balancer/4159T/index.htm

Today, I put them on:

345/35ZR-19 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Scuderia
265/40ZR-18 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A N0 (Porsche) XL

The tires cold were impressive, BUT - Once they warmed up they became AMAZING. What are the Pluses & Minuses?

PLUSES
1- Quiet. So much quieter than the Goodyears that now I can hear the SC Whine & Boost.
2- 1st gear grip was incredible. Once the tires warmed up, I could actually launch the car with minimal spin.
3- 2nd gear shift became predictable and "Tire Audible". The back end no longer breaks loose.
4- Aggressive stance. The tires not only fill the wheel wells better, but show off more rubber behind the rear quarter panels.
5- You can not wipe the stupid grin off my face if you tried.
6- Reasonably Priced. $1,400 with Road Insurance

Minuses
NONE

The car is a rocket and finally feels right once again, just like what the Whipple was intended to do. Be careful out there and give the car the respect it deserves.

I'll take some pics later on and post them.

Sam

Comparing this to michelin and parelli as others have commented, this looks like a very good combination for stock wheels. If you want grip...you have to give up some wear rating so 140 is not that unreasonable. The other brands mentioned with even higher grip do not offer sizes that fit the stock wheels. These may be in my future. :biggrin

This must look a bit wide on the front? Can we get a front on and rear on picture? The side shots don't show the rubber on the road well.

Thank's for sharing.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Very good observation. I hadn't thought about it.

You must be a man who knows how to appreciate a well built rack! :thumbsup

Yes...I like racks. :lol

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Yes...I like racks. :lol

I have a feeling your not alone on that one :rofl:rofl:rofl

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I doubt it. The diameter difference between the OEM tire (new) and the Bridgestone pictured is .3". On radius, that it .15" or approximately 1/8". Add the fact that the OEM are use and the overall diameter difference is almost negligable.

I will concede, however, that sometimes 1/8" is visibly discernable - especially when it is the difference between a warm rack and a cold rack.

We were comparing front and rear diameters of the Potenzas, as opposed to front and front of the stock vs. potenza or rear and rear of the stock and potenza. Hence the big diameter difference.

But yes, goal is to match stock diameter with replacement diameter as close as possible.

BTW, for those that ordered the Bridgestone tires from 4/13 - 5/10 there is a $100 rebate available from Bridgestone, the "Spring Mail-In Rebate" postmarks allowed through June 10th. I am submitting mine today.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
Sam,

Given the number of requests for additional specific pictures you’re clearly not posting enough shots. Can you please rent a crane and take a picture of the car from about twenty feet directly above the car? Can you then drive the car onto a plate of glass, use the crane to raise the plate of glass into the air about thirty feet and take a picture of the car from the bottom? Can you then mount the old tires and take the same set of pictures with the old tires along with comparable old tire pictures to all of the other pictures you’ve taken and post everything so that we can get a good comparison of old vs. new tires?

It would be great if you could do this today!