FORD TOTAL PERFORMANCE, new book

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL
My new book, FORD TOTAL PERFORMANCE will be out on October 30, on Amazon now for pre-ordering. It's 208 slick pages of Ford race and street car history from 1920s Fours, 1930s-1940s Flatheads, 1950s Y-Blocks, 1960s to 1971 big-blocks and Bosses, Shelbys, Cobras & GT40s, and coverage of Cosworth F1, Lotus-Cortina, ending with 2005-2006 GT and 2017 GT. Plus a lot of inside info on Ford's Skunk Works: Special Vehicle Activities and Kar Kraft, period photos. I will not be selling copies, try Amazon and Motorbooks online. Or meet me at MCACN 2015 in Chicago in Nov. for the launch - I will be signing books.

While only a little space will be devoted to the 2005-2006 Ford GT and the new GT, there's lots of coverage on the original Ford GT, GT40, Mark IV and the Mark III and its engineering and development. During Ford's high-performance golden years, I was editor of Hi-Performance CARS and other magazines and had access to the cars and people that created the Total Performance marketing image.

Sorry for the shameless promotion!

Attachments

• Ford TP advance copy-1.jpg
    Ford TP advance copy-1.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 215

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
No apologies Marty. All fans of motorsports will be thanking you for this important documentary.

Congratulations on the culmination of what must have been countless hours of effort.

Can't wait to sit down with another great read from you.

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL
Thanks for the nice words, and thanks for shooting some photos for me for the book. Your photo of me with my GT made me look good which is no easy job. It's on the book cover flap. Book took over a year to write and, unlike so many "coffee-table" car books, it's much more than a lot of great photos. It's a great read.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Congratulations on the new book Marty. I look forward to reading it.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Just don't change the name of our Sarasota Cafe Racers to the Sarasota Literary Group. Looking forward to a great read. Thanks, Marty.

Howard

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL
Howard, not changing name, just adding a sub-group, Car Guys Who Read!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Howard, not changing name, just adding a sub-group, Car Guys Who Read!

That leaves Xcentric out. At least your book will have lots of pictures.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
That's really not fair. I've seen Xcentric read. You can tell by his lips moving.

Howard