Ford Racing pulley

rick430

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
boston
I'm going to install the Ford Racing pulley and notice it comes with a tune as part of the package. I already have a tune from HP performance in my car. Should I stick with that tune, the Ford Racing tune or should I have a new custom tune done by a capable shop once the pulley is on. Also if I go with the accufab throttle control,where will I pick up power, high or low. I really like throttle response but if I'm only going to get a power increase up high then I would pass on it.
Thanks, Rick

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Custom tune... don't press your car hard without a custom tune to deal with the extra oxygen that the new pulley will force into the combustion chamber.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Honestly the Ford Tune that comes with the Pulley / Tune should work fine on your car. You could have it custom tuned for your location, but I dont think you will have an issue otherwise. Definatly dont use the tune thats on your car now. Its not set up for the amount of boost you will have with the new pulley.

Aug 25, 2006
I'm going to install the Ford Racing pulley and notice it comes with a tune as part of the package. I already have a tune from HP performance in my car. Should I stick with that tune, the Ford Racing tune or should I have a new custom tune done by a capable shop once the pulley is on. Also if I go with the accufab throttle control,where will I pick up power, high or low. I really like throttle response but if I'm only going to get a power increase up high then I would pass on it.
Thanks, Rick

Fubar shared good information

Since you have a tune from HP they already know your gal as such I would call TonY and have it twisted and tweaked as needed for your new setup.

Takes care

Shadowman

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Whos Tony?

Aug 25, 2006
Whos Tony?

TonY G = HP Performance now known as Tuners Inc

Takes care