Ford Racing M-5230-GTX Off-Road Cat Delete Pipes......running low!!!!

For anyone that is looking to get one of the last Ford Racing/Borla Off-Road Cat Delete Pipes get them now. When Ford Racing told us they were discontinuing them we decided to buy out what they had in stock. Well it has been a couple years and we are down to 10 left. We will take a new picture of them tomorrow to post. We are selling them for $999.99 including shipping anywhere in the continental 48 states.

Jack Abraham
Director of Wholesale Operations
Muscle Motors Performance Inc.
e: jack@musclemotors.com
t: 818-341-RACE (7223) x101
w: www.musclemotors.com
facebook: www.facebook.com/musclemotors
youtube: www.youtube.com/musclemotorsinc
twitter: www.twitter.com/musclemotors
flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/musclemotors
"Your One Stop Shop for all Your Performance Needs!"

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
P/M sent

2112 - Pm'd you back :)

Only 5 left in existance......get them while you can!

Last edited:
Only 2 left in existance......get them while you can!

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
What benefit would these be on a stock car with Accufab x-pipe? Noise?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
What benefit would these be on a stock car with Accufab x-pipe? Noise?

Less heat.

With optional tune you can get rid of the cat protection that runs rich to save the cats from overheating. Get a little more power and better gas mileage. :lol

Less weight.

A lot more NOISE!!! Only headers without cats or mufflers are louder.

BTW I am running a cat deletes with Accufab. It drones at around 2000 rpm and is a too loud when crusing to hear my bluetooth phone.

Last edited:

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Is this a DIY project similar to removing the stock exhaust can to install the x-pipe?

Can I get a generic tune or do I need to visit a dyno tuner familiar with GT's? I know you said it was optional but it will drive me crazy wondering if it's running at peak.

I kinda like noise.

Thanks for your help. :)

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
They are awesome, all the visceral power sound when you are on it, virtually nothing when you aren't.

Posted this pic several times, suppose I should stop doing it. :bored

Attachments

• 100_0881.jpg
    100_0881.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 234

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
You can install it yourself. You have to decouple the half shaft to get clearance to remove the pipe. It is best to have Accufab half shaft bolts as they are reuseable whereas OEM bolts are not. You don't need an aftermarket tune however with one you can take advantage of not running cats.

2112 you have the headers, Jack if refering to the FRPP cat delete pipes that only replace the cats and connect between the stock OEM exhaust manifolds and the muffler or X/H pipe.

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Nice.

I'm assuming a lift of sorts and dropping the belly pan is a must to install these?

MMP, do you still have any? I couldn't find them on your website.

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Thanks BlackICE. You were responding while I was. :)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Nice.

I'm assuming a lift of sorts and dropping the belly pan is a must to install these?

MMP, do you still have any? I couldn't find them on your website.

You do need to remove the belly pans. Having a lift make life a lot easier. Never tried it without one, but I guess is can be done.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Caution on cat delete options (even the ones with bump outs that might resemble them): Depending on the completeness of your emissions inspection you might get bounced. You can clearly make one of these cars pass with out cats, but if it comes to a visual inspection you might not get away with it. I'm told that some of the Colorado inspectors are aware of some of these configurations and bounce them. If you get bounced you don't even get to go to the tail pipe emissions portion.

They also scan the OBD port and if the O2 sensors are "not ready" they won't let you pass go...

It's totally moronic - why should they care as long as I pass - but they do. This is one of the advantages of a real pre-70's car (or replica - I had to pass emissions once on my Cobra and they've since made it so you don't even have to do the first time any more.)

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Thanks for the heads up twobj's...no emissions inspections here in Oklahoma. Hell, they did away with vehicle inspections completely several years ago. We have some real nice junk cars rolling around our roads here now.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
You can clearly make one of these cars pass with out cats

I don't think you'd have the slightest hope to get a GT past the sniff test without CATs in CA or any of the 14+ states that have adopted the CARB standard.

SOLD OUT!!!!!

Jack Abraham
Director of Wholesale Operations
Muscle Motors Performance Inc.
e: jack@musclemotors.com
t: 818-341-RACE (7223) x101
w: www.musclemotors.com
facebook: www.facebook.com/musclemotors
youtube: www.youtube.com/musclemotorsinc
twitter: www.twitter.com/musclemotors
flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/musclemotors
"Your One Stop Shop for all Your Performance Needs!"

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I don't think you'd have the slightest hope to get a GT past the sniff test without CATs in CA or any of the 14+ states that have adopted the CARB standard.

:agree:

For those states without a sniff test but and OBDII test you still will fail, unless you solve the rear 02 monitor problems.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
For those states without a sniff test but and OBDII test you still will fail, unless you solve the rear 02 monitor problems.

And just to thoroughly confuse everyone, you can pass CA emission test with CATs and the rear O2's off. :)

Why is this useful info? If you have no cats and a tune from Torrie, for example, you can put the cats back on the car - don't change the tune and take it to smog and it will pass with flying colors. It's a hassle if you needlessly revert the tune because you will reset all of the monitors and then you'll have to drive for awhile to get them to be happy.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
And just to thoroughly confuse everyone, you can pass CA emission test with CATs and the rear O2's off. :)

Why is this useful info? If you have no cats and a tune from Torrie, for example, you can put the cats back on the car - don't change the tune and take it to smog and it will pass with flying colors. It's a hassle if you needlessly revert the tune because you will reset all of the monitors and then you'll have to drive for awhile to get them to be happy.

Is that because even though you will have a not completed error for the o2 monitor, the state of CA allow for one or two failed OBDII test?

To put the cats on most people disconect the battery (because of the hot lead near the starter) resetting all of the OBDII monitors so you have to start all over again. Of course for the clever, there are ways around that too.

http://www.smogtips.com/smog-question/422/How-many-OBDII-monitors-have-to-be-on-ready-status

Last edited: