Ford Racing/Borla Muffler (IMMEDIATE SHIPMENT WITH NO WAITING)

As you guys already know these have been discontinued from Ford Racing awhile back. We have 4 available for immediate shipment@ $2299.99 including shipping anywhere in the continental 48 states.

140310_xlarge.jpg

To order please email sales@musclemotors.com

Only 1 left........

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Just so you all know...Borla still makes this muffler, but they are branded "Borla," not "Ford." How do I know? I got the last "Ford" branded muffler in the Borla inventory. This is a good price, although the pic is of a 1st gen muffler.

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
to quiet!
GT guys pipe rules!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I had the Borla on my first car. Loved the sound under WOT, but still rather "muted". Hell, my wife would fall asleep in the car on a long trip (yes we took trips in the GT). Waiting to get the car in Rich and Denis's hands, got lots for them to do, including the installation of The GTG's X-pipe, can't wait to get it back on the road this spring, with an entirely new "voice"!!!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
She wouldn't fall asleep if the Borla was attached to headers.

Are you paying attention Gary????

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
That box is big and heavy.
Too much heat in the engine bay.
Just saying........
Mark

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
She wouldn't fall asleep if the Borla was attached to headers.

Are you paying attention Gary????

Huh?

If it's the 1st gen Borla, then it is too quiet and subject to stuffing rot and weld cracking.

If it's the 2nd gen Borla (no visible welds), it is significantly louder than even a rotted out 1st gen. And, it would make a fine companion to the FRPP/Borla headers that Sinovac is teasing me with.

The advantages of the headers into muffler combo are sound AND beauty.

The disadvantages are cost and environmental unfriendliness.
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just to confirm these were brand new units that were built November 2013 :)

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Huh?

If it's the 1st gen Borla, then it is too quiet and subject to stuffing rot and weld cracking.

If it's the 2nd gen Borla (no visible welds), it is significantly louder than even a rotted out 1st gen. And, it would make a fine companion to the FRPP/Borla headers that Sinovac is teasing me with.

The advantages of the headers into muffler combo are sound AND beauty.

The disadvantages are cost and environmental unfriendliness.

You drive a car that gets 12 mpg (on a good day) and you're worried about environmental friendliness? Excuse me while I go start my car and punch a hole in the ozone.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
You drive a car that gets 12 mpg (on a good day) and you're worried about environmental friendliness? Excuse me while I go start my car and punch a hole in the ozone.

12 would be a spirited day. I believe that catalytic converters are good, and I'm glad that many, if not most states make it difficult to defeat them.

That said, I will likely lose mine, but I can rationalize it, because I'm special.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Gary, you know you want a manly exhaust . . . .

image.jpg

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Yep. Nice. Not a bundle of snakes, but nice. I see a few specks on there that need cleaning up. And what is that shredded washcloth?

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
And what is that shredded washcloth?

Part of my 1980s terry cloth clothing collection.