Ford offering rebate on GT

Hugh

Mar 27, 2006
$500 rebate valid 4/4/06 through 1/2/07 but only available to active military personnel, Nation Guard and Reservists.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/ford/gt/100666365/incentives.html?vdp=off&setzip=01950&state=MA

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
and on a tuesday morning during a blizard in Florida :wink

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
I was on the fence, but now that they are offering $500 on a $160k+ car, I'm in. LOL

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
Hmmmm....Let's see. As an Army and N.G vet of a few years back, how many officers and enlisted men in our Armed Services could afford to buy and maintain a GT? "Well,Honey,even though I will be gone for about a year, you could just put it up on jack stands and cover it up."
Ford should have kept their mouth shut on this one-and fired the Marketing and P.R idiots who came up with this moronic idea.

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
That is pretty funny. :rofl

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
That has to be a joke...

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
tiger 6 said:
Hmmmm....Let's see. As an Army and N.G vet of a few years back, how many officers and enlisted men in our Armed Services could afford to buy and maintain a GT? "Well,Honey,even though I will be gone for about a year, you could just put it up on jack stands and cover it up."
Ford should have kept their mouth shut on this one-and fired the Marketing and P.R idiots who came up with this moronic idea.

Thanks for the heads up. Despite my two years of savings, it doesn't look like that rebate will end my quest any sooner. Depending on depreciation, I will hopefully be able to afford a used GT in another 1 to 2 years. I guess with my timeframe (and buying a previously owned GT) I won't be able to take Ford up on their offer.

Semper Fi, :usa
waldo

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I believe it's probably just a generic rebate that applies to all current cars, and it pops up for the GT, rather than a mockery of military personnel. :cheers

Rong

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2006
Does Not Bode Well for Some GT Owners

My experience as a former automobile dealer tells me that even larger rebates to the general public are coming down the pike. If that happens then values will take a hit. Mine's a keeper, but that may not be true for every owner on this forum.

AMER SPD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
This $500 military rebate is not a sign that Ford needs money on the hood to help sell the GT.

There are certain incentive programs which Ford decided it was best to offer on all vehicle. One is this Military Appreciation offer and the other is Mobility Motoring ($1000.00 customer cash to assist modification for physically disabled drivers).

Neither one has anything to do with the price of the vehicle. The incentive's the same for all vehicles.

Last edited: