Ford OEM Hood or not?

AHudson

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2009
Alabama
Working to buy a hood/luggage lid for Ford GT, mostly as a wall accessory, but want to make sure it's OEM. Found this on ebay, contacted seller (SuperFormance), agreed to sell. But was honest enough to say he "can't" be 100% certain its from Ford. Says stamping is incredibly 'factory' looking, though only knew of one aftermarket maker (Classic Design Concepts). Said theirs wouldn't likely have been finished underneath as well as this.

ford gt hood.jpg

No model number, no molding ID, but "ACS" is on the box that it came in. What say the experts?

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
ACS made the hoods for a while. They switched suppliers during production (you can tell because one is smooth and one has a more "orange peel" appearance on the underside) and that looks like part of the "extras" that didn't get out to production from them. They also had some hoods produced as "wiper delete" pieces.

CDC didn't make an aftermarket hood. They make the most OEM looking bumper delete kit, but I think that's the only GT piece they ever did.

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
I have two different versions here, They both taper badly towards the front, where the fibreglass shrunk during curing.. I had to make a jig and stretch the front returns , with plenty of heat overnight to get 10mm back into it, so at least the panel gag would look correct.. ,, Ford allows anywhere between 1-6mm gaps.. But I prefer my shutlines to be within 2-3mm max..

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I don't know what kind of deal you are getting from your seller, but ACS is selling the hoods on Ebay for $1199. These are the hoods with the smooth underside. Great deal from the OEM manfacturer.