Ford GTs so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulC

GT Owner
Feb 27, 2018
Birmingham, Michigan
Hi guys. I am new to this forum as I just bought my first GT a few weeks ago. For starters, can someone tell me how you put a picture on the left side under your user name and how you list your cars? (I apologize in advance for being a rookie).

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Must be odd lighting. I had thought standard Silver with blue stripes might look good, but maybe not.

Cowboys fan?

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Cowboys fan?

Bite your tongue— Skins for 40 years, but now you have me thinking of alternative paint schemes.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Hi guys. I am new to this forum as I just bought my first GT a few weeks ago. For starters, can someone tell me how you put a picture on the left side under your user name and how you list your cars? (I apologize in advance for being a rookie).

Settings at top of page... then settings on left side of page the edit/add avatar

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

After you’re logged in, go to Settings at the top of the page, then My Setting on the left. The picture is your avatar. The list of cars would be your signature I think. Just play around with it. You won’t mess up and break the forum. :lol

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Concierge gave me a call a few days ago, my order process is started so I'm on the clock now. Going to try to do custom paint so it'll take awhile. Glad to get things moving though. One month ahead of schedule.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Concierge gave me a call a few days ago, my order process is started so I'm on the clock now. Going to try to do custom paint so it'll take awhile. Glad to get things moving though. One month ahead of schedule.

I have contacted the entire concierge team to let them know your decision making process could take up to a year[emoji51]🤣

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
J040

OrDzdIe7REeVNbPgZcCL_J040x4.jpg

1hOJXRbPRA6nyglzbbER_full_J040x5.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
J030

gWvGFK3QpaoM5m3DJbC1_full_J0301.jpg

Lv7Y6mSx6PbOhnJsINwg_full_J0300.jpg

jNPZK0YpTF6SI7Jz44GL_full_J0302.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
J010

WZnewlY3R6uoKedK2s5A_full_Day1asm.jpg

kwoC9TNHTtew8MsaO1Bl_full_Day1gsm.jpg

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I'm liking this color a lot. Are the rims the 17 heritage rims in gold or is it the lighting??

I agree. Love this bluish tinted gray.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
its killing me that I cant do carbon stripes. the black and carbon looks so nice.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
its killing me that I cant do carbon stripes. the black and carbon looks so nice.

You can have a carbon stripe or A/C. Pick one.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
You can have a carbon stripe or A/C. Pick one.

The stripe would be a lot easier to install after delivery than the A/C.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
The stripe would be a lot easier to install after delivery than the A/C.

Ah...no. That stripe is the bare carbon fiber on the car and it would be impossible to do it after delivery. The A/C install would be expensive but possible. No way that bare carbon stripe.

Chip

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
However, you could buy some 'stick-on decal' that looks like carbon fiber with the herringbone pattern and install it before the clear X-pel is installed and no one would ever know...:):)
andy )ajb)

Svenny

Ford GT Team
May 18, 2017
If you rub a Ford GT back to bare carbon you will not get the beautiful weave pattern as exposed on the Ford GT Competition Special - the carbon is impregnated with a filler agent and the resulting bare body would look something like the green prototypes seen in the early days of development.

The panels for the Competition Special require extensive additional lay-up and time to create - not easy to reproduce after the fact, actually impossible to reproduce if you ask me! Only option would be to add a carbon wrap on top of the final body color.

AC - once again is not easy to install after the fact - I do believe the AC lines run through the chassis, but on the Competition Series, to save weight, they do not install the cables in the chassis - and as such they would be impossible to fit once a car was produced. Additionally there would be no 'spare' room to run the cables for an aftermarket AC set-up.

Hope this helps the AC vs Carbon Stripe debate - both impossible to replicate!!!

Svenny

Ford GT Team
May 18, 2017
......and no matter how good a carbon wrap/decal would be - it will always be obvious that's what it is - you'll be able to feel the step between wrap and body - and no clear bra will disguise that - and kinda cheesy anyway!

Svenny

Ford GT Team
May 18, 2017
Try explaining to the many that will inquire - you have a full carbon body and you're using a fake carbon wrap to make it look like carbon - kinda silly and very cheesy!

Svenny

Ford GT Team
May 18, 2017
Only time will tell whether I made the correct choice - no AC will be difficult to live with i'm sure. I like driving my cars so it wont be fun if the hot summer months are out of bounds because of the excessive heat in the car - but it does look spectacular with the exposed carbon parts and unique CS bits - so extremely happy right now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.