Houston
Love this one.

Is the exterior carbon gloss or flat?

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Very hard to find a color that doesn't look great on this car. Congrats to all of you that have taken delivery... living the dream!

DC-DD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2010
PA / FL
Grabber Orange with Black Stripes:

20482315_1044624492341154_9100089836756271104_n.jpg

20582606_690622614466827_7124156348018720768_n.jpg

Dave
If you are in contact with the owner. Would love to see more pictures of this car outside in natural light. Or if the lucky new owner is a forum member reading this post please post more pictures. The unlucky ones like myself well Pictures is all we have.

Dominic

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Will do.

Believe this is local delivery today. Second matte black heritage I've seen, might be the third.

dc95ef29ec86c12d8ebbaa4d06522432.png

f853fafbe59d3670b118f9ae2daeeb12.png

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Matte black Heritage looks completely awesome, esp with gold wheels

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
DBK

How different is care and maintenance on a matte finish?

Thanks

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Dave
If you are in contact with the owner. Would love to see more pictures of this car outside in natural light. Or if the lucky new owner is a forum member reading this post please post more pictures. The unlucky ones like myself well Pictures is all we have.

Dominic

One of my favorite color combos too, looking forward to any more pictures

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
DBK

How different is care and maintenance on a matte finish?

Thanks

It's not for me. The thing is, you really just have to be disciplined about not messing with it. No polishes, no aggressive cleaners, etc. Any care on a matte paint has to be gentle because if you treat one area differently than another, you can alter the sheen, and it will drive you insane. And don't let contaminants get on it and set in because it can be very difficult or impossible to get off without altering the surface. Can't polish out swirls or scratches really like you would on a gloss paint.

The biggest thing you can do to keep a matte finish car in good shape is keep it clean and just don't mess with it. I was pretty surprised at how good the otherwise very beat up Ford company matte black car was holding up, but that's just because they pretty never much wash, touch or otherwise mess with the paint on the cars they flog.

And I did confirm that the Matte Black Heritage above was delivered locally yesterday. Two forum member cars on that truck for delivery this weekend. :willy

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Thanks Dave....rumor has it there may be a skittles delivery this weekend?

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
It's not for me. The thing is, you really just have to be disciplined about not messing with it. No polishes, no aggressive cleaners, etc. Any care on a matte paint has to be gentle because if you treat one area differently than another, you can alter the sheen, and it will drive you insane. And don't let contaminants get on it and set in because it can be very difficult or impossible to get off without altering the surface. Can't polish out swirls or scratches really like you would on a gloss paint.

The biggest thing you can do to keep a matte finish car in good shape is keep it clean and just don't mess with it. I was pretty surprised at how good the otherwise very beat up Ford company matte black car was holding up, but that's just because they pretty never much wash, touch or otherwise mess with the paint on the cars they flog.

And I did confirm that the Matte Black Heritage above was delivered locally yesterday. Two forum member cars on that truck for delivery this weekend. :willy

I love Matte black. Might be my favorite, but the upkeep issues scare me, as I would surely mess it up.
I originally thought of getting it, but now I'm more inclined towards getting a 'regular' finish and spend the money on a matte wrap, for peace of mind. First world problems, I guess :)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, you can certainly still wrap a matte car. The xPel stealth stuff adds a tiny bit more shine but not much. We have two matte carbon lower cars here side by side, one with and one without, and you can tell, but it's not a massive difference. So that would definitely be my recommendation. The Matte Heritage is going to be a very rare car. I'd be surprised if there was more than 5-6.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Heritage PERIOD is gonna be rare....

The Matte Heritage is going to be a very rare car. I'd be surprised if there was more than 5-6.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Here's a rare combo...
Red with white stripes. Ironically, it would probably be 1 of 1!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Hey, don't spill the beans--that's what I want.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Heritage PERIOD is gonna be rare....

Gentlemen,

New Ford GT's are rare no matter what color. With the extended color pallet there will be many one of one GT's. When the 2017 model year comes to a close I think one out of every 4 GT's produced will be a Heritage. Maybe more. I don't know that but I think that's a pretty good estimate. If I'm off base here a correction will be along shortly. All the best.

Chip

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Likely true, but demand for sure has out paced supply (we were unable to order it, with order freeze back in June)

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
There's one in Colorado!

Not sure if this thread is limited to a certain delivery spot.. forum member jbyrnes sent a text to me today, at Sil-Terhar motors in Broomfield: :thumbsup

IMG_7958.JPG

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
[video=youtube;iJgsXzMyHNA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJgsXzMyHNA[/video]

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Cool. Thanks for sharing. One of two. (So far)
Liquid blue, frozen white stripes, red calipers, sparkly silver wheels, painted carbon fiber lowers.
Serial number approx 0071?
Andy (ajb)

Status
Not open for further replies.