Ford GT40's at Goodwood Revival 2013

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
and here is a picture of my car yesterdayView attachment 31187

Mal, Pretty picture. Nice place. Is it your home?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX

Goodwood Estate.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Goodwood Estate.

:lol :lol

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
Oh do we have earl March among us?

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
I wish - no its not my house - it is the seat of family of the current Earl of March. However I was there for a nice lunch during the revival, hosted by the good people at Maserati UK.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Thanks. I received this from a buddy who lives nearby.

"That photo was taken in front of the Goodwood House Hotel, near Chichester, West Sussex; about 10-12 miles from us (see: http://www.goodwood.co.uk/the-goodwood-hotel/the-goodwood-hotel.aspx).

Lord March, who owns the estate and also the horse race course, is a great vintage aircraft/racing car fan, as well as horse racing. He holds a number events there through the year, not least the Festival of Speed, over last weekend. We went a few years back, and our neighbour went on Saturday and had a great time watching all of the vintage cars do their thing."

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
Thanks. I received this from a buddy who lives nearby.

"That photo was taken in front of the Goodwood House Hotel, near Chichester, West Sussex; about 10-12 miles from us (see: http://www.goodwood.co.uk/the-goodwood-hotel/the-goodwood-hotel.aspx).

Lord March, who owns the estate and also the horse race course, is a great vintage aircraft/racing car fan, as well as horse racing. He holds a number events there through the year, not least the Festival of Speed, over last weekend. We went a few years back, and our neighbour went on Saturday and had a great time watching all of the vintage cars do their thing."

For completeness.. The photo is in front of Goodwood House itself. This is different to Goodwood House hotel which although part of the estate, is not in the photo. Also the Revival was last weekend. The festival of speed is a different event held in July.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Darn it, Mal - I was really hoping it was your house - :lol

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
Darn it, Mal - I was really hoping it was your house - :lol

Me too - I would happily take it if Lord M wants to give it too me! :lol

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
Next year I want to go to festival of speed but need to find a better- closer hotel. For revival we stayed in London but the 2 hour commuting is a pain.

Other tell me Brighton is closer but no descent hotels and nothing to do the evenings. Any suggestions here?

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
Next year I want to go to festival of speed but need to find a better- closer hotel. For revival we stayed in London but the 2 hour commuting is a pain.

Other tell me Brighton is closer but no descent hotels and nothing to do the evenings. Any suggestions here?

I don't know what you are planning to do in the evenings - but there are plenty of restaurants and clubs in Brighton and loads of hotels from 5 star down. Brighton is about 45 minutes from Goodwood. Obviously the best hotels book up fast once the dates are announced - there are also some country house hotels in the area - but for these you would need to spend the evenings in the hotel restaurant or a local pub.

I would be happy to give you some suggestions if you let me know what sort of thing you are looking for.

Mal

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
Hey Thanks
At the moment we're planning with a group of 10 to go there and would like to find something nice. we stayed in London in suite West. Not that bad ....lucky we only had small trolleys otherwise they wouldn't fit in the room. So smal. Saturday we went out to The Mandarin for a nice dinner so this was nice let's say. I do think that as soon as the dates are fixed everybody jumps onto those hotel bookings.

Dear BelgianGT, since i have been several time in Hampshire, where the Goodwood Circuit is, i know quite well the difficulty with hotel rooms.

This year we were in a place very close to Portsmouth, called Hayling Island, but to be honest, a big, big mistake, we will never, ever return there.
At the end of Goodwood Revival, we went on a short drive, to search a accomodation for 2014.
I drove back to the Solent Hotel,(e-mail address will come in a second mail to you, since my travel agent has not started his work in his office, nobody goes to answer the phone right now at 08.38 h on a tuesdaymorning!), and then we were told, that the Hotelcomputer says, that the Goodwood organizers have not yet fixed the data for 2014, it could be the let weekend in August, or one of the two weekends in begin of September, but their info said as well, that towards the endof oct. 2013 the precise dates will be fixed and communicated to the car enthusiasts.
Last year, i was in the Portsmouth Marriott Hotel, to expensive compared with what you get for your money, and the restaurant was so so la la ! And in the neighborhood are only good drinking and no good eating places. I'll promise to send that 2nd e-mail ! happy motoring, FelixIbizaSwitzerland

I don't know what you are planning to do in the evenings - but there are plenty of restaurants and clubs in Brighton and loads of hotels from 5 star down. Brighton is about 45 minutes from Goodwood. Obviously the best hotels book up fast once the dates are announced - there are also some country house hotels in the area - but for these you would need to spend the evenings in the hotel restaurant or a local pub.

I would be happy to give you some suggestions if you let me know what sort of thing you are looking for.

Mal

Dear Mal,

i went in the last four years to the Goodwood Revival in September. It was even more crazy with the hotels near Goodwood car racing circuit, because of the date (weekend) collision with the Southhampton boatshow.
But i found a nice Hotel: 30-40 min. drive with your car from that hotel to nearby Goodwood House/circuit or revival hill climb of the Goodwood Revival:

Name: Solent Hotel,
location/near town: Fareham, northeast from Portsmouth
look for more Info: www.Solent@shirehotels.com
BE AWARE,THAT YOU HAVE TO RESERVE IN THIS HOTEL MAYBE AS WELL ONE YEAR BEFORE THE 2017 REVIVAL !!!!!

Other hotel which i can recommend, but more expensive, Mariott Hotel near Portsmouth (a bit nearer to the Goodwood area !

In the little town of Chichester are a lot of good restaurants, try out by yourself or ask people at the Festival of speed

Good luck !

Felix (at time in Spain)

Last edited: