Ford GT

SIMONSEN DENMARK

May 26, 2022
Hello I looking after 4 wheels to my GT yers 2006 18x9 19x11.5 VIN number 1FAFP90S36Y400243
Best like news
mail@larssimonsen.com

Attachments

• IMG_4541.jpeg
    IMG_4541.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 33

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
In Europe you should contact David Jones at GT101 in the United Kingdom. Look at his website. Do you want the stock six spoke or the forged BBS?

Reactions: GT101

SIMONSEN DENMARK

May 26, 2022
Thanks for you help. yes BBS rims

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You should contact David at GT101 first. The wheels are for sale in the USA.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Thanks for you help. yes BBS rims

Both the standard AND the optional rims are BBS, although I assume you mean the optional forged ones, since many people mistakenly talk as though BBS = the optional rims.

Reactions: Pettyfan43

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

No affiliation

Pettyfan43

GT Owner
Mar 29, 2022
Patterson Ca.
Any thoughts that these wheels will always be available? Or worth shelving a set for spares ? I know my 2011 GT350 Shelby wheels and center caps are hard to come by.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Any thoughts that these wheels will always be available? Or worth shelving a set for spares ? I know my 2011 GT350 Shelby wheels and center caps are hard to come by.
I tried to order a set of the forged upgrade wheels around Sept last year and one dealer said he showed 1 front and 1 rear in stock but that they don't know if they actually exist until you order and pay; I skipped that cuz 1 of each doesn't help (well I guess I coulda done upgrade wheels on 1 side and base on the other! 🤪) But since then I remember a post or two on here saying somebody was able to buy a new set; dunno the source and can't remember where the post is.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
I think more likely tire availability will push us into aftermarket wheels eventually....so an extra set might be worthless?

Aug 7, 2021
Hudson, OH
I was able to purchase a set through my dealer a couple months ago. The system did not show four available at that time. However, after talking with his part's person, he placed the order with my VIN, and they were shipped to him with one week. 🤷‍♂️

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I bought an extra set and took off the originals with tires & put them in an ac controlled storage. For what these cars are going for now days and desire for originality 8k is worth it.