Ford GT vs Ferrari - not again!

FFCobra

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2006
GA
OK, so maybe not a real Ferrari. :biggrin

I found this pedal car on eBay and although my boy is too little for it, I got such a good deal that I couldn't pass. I added the Ferrari decals, numbers, etc because it looks a lot like a 1952 Ferrari 500 F2. He loves just sitting in it and making car engine noises. He has gasoline in his blood.

Before the decals went on...
DSCN3787.JPG

After the decals and next to the GT...
IMG_011311-800.jpg

IMG_010503-800.jpg

IMG_010705-800.jpg

- Bill

The 1952 Ferrari 500 F2's are the most famous of all Ferrari formula cars because Alberto Ascari used the car to win his first world championship, winning all but one race with the simple 500. (He was driving at the Indy 500 so he missed a race)

The following season, Ascari won his second world championship, and Ferrari won all but the final race, which was won by Juan Manuel Fangio, back in racing after an accident which had damaged his neck.

Ascari won 9 straight races in the 500, a world championship record which still stands today. The 500 won all but one race it was entered in, making it the most statistically successful car in the history of the FIA world championship.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
CUTE CAR!

CUTER LIL' KID!!!!!:thumbsup

(Oh. Take it from one who's been there ...twice. That lil' guy will be big enough to operate that car in about 15 minutes. And he'll be operating a FULL SIZE in about ... oh ... 3 months. Just wait. You'll see what I mean. Trust me.)

Last edited:

FFCobra

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2006
GA
CUTE CAR!

CUTER LIL' KID!!!!!:thumbsup

(Oh. Take it from one who's been there ...twice. That lil' guy will be big enough to operate that car in about 15 minutes. Trust me.)

Thanks for the kind words.

He just turned 1 last month and started walking the past couple of weeks. So it will be a few years before he can pedal it. Hummm... wonder if a weed eater engine will fit in that thing? :)

- Bill

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal
thats awesome!......he looks like he's got the bug already.......nice.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Those are great :cheers Someone is going to grow up with a big time love for red cars!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
So it will be a few years before he can pedal it.

Nope ... it'll only be 15 minutes.

One day you'll see what I mean.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Very cool post. Looks like many a fun year to come.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
He's lucky to have you as a father. Very nice!

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
Bill...I would have placed the Ferrari Kicking Jackass sticker on the FGT with a hash mark through it :thumbsup

snaproll

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2006
Naples, FL
Your boy is gonna love that thing. Looks like he will enjoy your toys too some day! I remember my 15 mo old girl clearly annunciating "geee teeee" after only a small amount of leading by me. I was so proud. Aren't kids great?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Your boy is gonna love that thing. Looks like he will enjoy your toys too some day! I remember my 15 mo old girl clearly annunciating "geee teeee" after only a small amount of leading by me. I was so proud. Aren't kids great?

YUP!!!!! :thumbsup

FFCobra

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2006
GA
Bill...I would have placed the Ferrari Kicking Jackass sticker on the FGT with a hash mark through it :thumbsup

I have the sticker, but haven't installed it yet. I have too many friends with Ferrari's and weak sense of humor. I like your idea.

- Bill

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I have the sticker, but haven't installed it yet. I have too many friends with Ferrari's and weak sense of humor. I like your idea.

- Bill

'Pics?????? And where does a guy GET one/some?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Great photos !! Thanks for sharing...:cheers

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Made me chuckle! He'll be as pleased as punch to have 'his' car next to dads.

You will ensure, of course, that he doesn't try any 3 point turns in his car next to your GT won't you?!

My son had his little Jaguar XK parked next to my XKR for a while...

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
FFCobra-

What is the coating you have on your garage floor?

FFCobra

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2006
GA
FFCobra-

What is the coating you have on your garage floor?

Rust-Oleum Epoxy Shield for garages. It is sooooo easy to do and costs about $50 per bay. You just clean the floor with the supplied cleaner. Paint the floor with a roller and as you move toss the little colored chips down. You don't have to use the chips, but I think it looks better. Wait a couple of days for it to dry and you're done.

It's been on the floor for over 2-1/2 years without any problems. I looked at many different types before I did this and all of them wanted you to use acid to clean the floor. No thanks. Rust-Oleum uses a bio-degradable cleaner.

You can buy it at Home Depot and Lowes. http://www.rustoleum.com/product.asp?frm_product_id=56&SBL=1

- Bill