Ford GT + Viper

racer22

GT Owner
Jun 20, 2013
Just brought home our 2006 Tungsten Ford GT and loving it. I'm enjoying the new car experience after all these years of collecting and playing with cars from the 50's, 60's and early 70's. I'm appreciating the new car amenities so much that I'm considering purchasing a Viper now. Just from what I've read I'm thinking about a 2008-9 due to the higher horse power and thinking the car is more refined than earlier cars. Any Ford GT owner that also own Vipers who would like to chime in?

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Our Tungsten was also a exciting change from playing with the old big block muscle cars we grew up lusting after.

While they provided a nice nostalgic feel when driving that raw power, there's nothing like what newer technology can bring to the party.

I see the GT as old muscle meeting that new technolgy, so I guess that why it fills both catagories in my eyes.

Congratulations!!

racer22

GT Owner
Jun 20, 2013
Grey Ghost: Some of my buddies my age (50's) think the Ford GT's primarily but also Vipers and other cars of the modern era will someday outpace the older cars of the 60's due to seeing their kids interest in the modern desirable cars and not our old muscle cars. Maybe their right, look at the Model A's.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...Any Ford GT owner that also own Vipers who would like to chime in?

The Doc, Eric (AtomicGT) and our legal man, Terry (GTdrummer) might chime in here, along with quite a few other owners of both.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
The Doc, Eric (AtomicGT) and our legal man, Terry (GTdrummer) might chime in here, along with quite a few other owners of both.
Tim Cantwell too.

racer22

GT Owner
Jun 20, 2013
Viper thoughts

Tim, Eric,Terry: Love to hear from you guys. Your thoughts on adding a Viper to the Ford GT. How has the experience been for you all?

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
See my other post