Ford GT Temperature

a400ford

FGT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 17, 2007
Lake Tapps, WA
Does anyone know of a source for new temperature gauges?

Aug 25, 2006
Does anyone know of a source for new temperature gauges?

Is Ford out of them again?

If yes; better yet check with Torrie regardless as he may have one tucked away.

Takes care

Shadowman

a400ford

FGT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 17, 2007
Lake Tapps, WA
How do I get hold of Torrie?

Aug 25, 2006
How do I get hold of Torrie?

PM sent

Please call him at (904) 859-1744

Takes care

Shadowman

Last edited:

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
They are on back order again!!!

JPLeBoeuf

Feb 25, 2010
Dearborn, MI
For those of you that haven't seen some of my previous posts, I am the FCSD Buyer/ Coordinator for ensuring future supply of OEM tooled parts for this fantastic vehicle. I have been in contact with the temp gauge supplier and have a promise date of June 11for the 3 gauges that are currently on backorder. These 3 Parts will go to the packager and be available to the dealer somewhere around June 21 or 22. There are additional gauges on order with an expected due date in mid July. The Gauge supplier has had some component delivery issues from one of the their sub-tiers that have caused the delay. With the tenuous supply base situation over the last 12 to 18 months we have been busy behind the scenes trying to head off back order scenarios. As of this morning report we have 7 part numbers on backorder with promised delivery dates on 6 of the parts. Please be assured that Ford is watching the supply of parts for you and I am watching this site and acting on the issues.
Jerry LeBoeuf

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
For those of you that haven't seen some of my previous posts, I am the FCSD Buyer/ Coordinator for ensuring future supply of OEM tooled parts for this fantastic vehicle. I have been in contact with the temp gauge supplier and have a promise date of June 11for the 3 gauges that are currently on backorder. These 3 Parts will go to the packager and be available to the dealer somewhere around June 21 or 22. There are additional gauges on order with an expected due date in mid July. The Gauge supplier has had some component delivery issues from one of the their sub-tiers that have caused the delay. With the tenuous supply base situation over the last 12 to 18 months we have been busy behind the scenes trying to head off back order scenarios. As of this morning report we have 7 part numbers on backorder with promised delivery dates on 6 of the parts. Please be assured that Ford is watching the supply of parts for you and I am watching this site and acting on the issues.
Jerry LeBoeuf

Well done!!! Thank you.:thumbsup

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Jerry, Thanks very much for the insider information to us owners. Having participants such as yourself is a great help and as you are aware there have been many with gauge problems of recent.
Thanks again for your input!

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Jerry, Thanks very much for the insider information to us owners. Having participants such as yourself is a great help and as you are aware there have been many with gauge problems of recent.
Thanks again for your input!

Agreed!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Jerry good to know we have you looking aout for us and our GT's.:thumbsup

Probably not you "department" but has the guage supplier mentioned why these gauges are not working correctly?

As you are aware there's been many pages of posts on this situation. It's our collective experience that in general guages pretty much work just fine for the life of our cars. The Gt's seem to be the exception to that rule.

BTW with 70k+ on my GT I have not had any gauge issues.

Thanks gain for keeping us up todate on the pices and parts.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Jerry,

Thanks very much for your informative post and pro-active support.

Many on this forum have speculated about the percentage of gauge failures and how it seems to be well outside any kind of "norm" in the industry. E.g.,
what is the number of gauge failures per 1000 vehicles in a Ford GT compared to say, a Taurus, or Edge. I'm betting that the GT gauge is 100 to 1000 times more likely to fail. Acceptable?

In my view, Ford is in a very unique position to know exactly the number of failures because each failure almost always results in another purchase. At some point, I would hope that Ford "has seen enough" and will do something to address this gauge issue - maybe the first step would be to say that someone is even working on it. To wit, I don't think Ford did a poor job of stockpiling gauges, rather what has happened is that the need for replacement gauges is far greater than anyone anticipated. The million dollar question is, why?

At our modest GT-only shop, we have replaced 6 gauges for our customers. Frankly, I hate it. The gauges are typically in the $600 range and depending on what else we're doing to the car, labor is going to be another $200-$300 on top of that! In one case, we replaced a water temperature gauge and the second or third time we started the car following the replacement, the boost/vac gauge failed. This is really disappointing.

Literally a couple of hours ago I got off the phone with another GT owner with a failed tachometer. He told me that he has owned all kinds of other "exotic" cars. Yes, they have all had their quirks but almost solely because of Ford's lack of support on the "gauge issue", he tells me that he probably won't be being a Ford again. "This is Ford's Halo car and the car was purchased largely by Ford's Halo customers.... and if this is the way we are treated (i.e., $800 - $1800 per gauge failure), then I'll shop elsewhere.

I know it would be difficult for you to respond, Jerry, so no need. However, please keep raising this one up the flag pole. Something is definitely wrong somewhere - please help us to isolate and fix it so that owners can spend money on mods to keep kicking the asses of other non-Ford brands!

Sorry for the rant.... the car simply has NO other shortcomings so all of our focus is on this pimple in the middle of the forehead.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Kendall, nicely articulated, as usual!

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I have been on the road guys, currently I am not sitting on one of these gauges but as Jerry states here is the BO info I have :

[FONT=&quot] PART #: 4G7Z 10883AA ENG #: 4G7V10883AD
PART NAME: GAUGE ASY - TEMPERAT DATE OFF B/O: 08/02/10 B/O RANKING:
DATE MERCHANDISER REMARKS
1. FILL EM-ORDS FROM: PACKAGER UPON RECEIPT
2. CAUSAL DESCRIPTN1: 10 COMMERCIAL ISSUE
3. CAUSAL DESCRIPTN2: .
4. 60110 PART AVAILABLE AT OE CONNECTION 4KA
5. 60110 SUPPLIER PROMISES TO SHIP 3 PCS WEEK 7/5 AND 44 PCS WEEK >
6. 60110 7/26 4KA
7. 52610 WAITING FOR CONFIRMATION OF SHIPPING 4KA [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
If I experience one more gauge failure the car goes on the block and along with it my planned purchase of 2 other Ford cars and 1 Ford truck. So very disappointing; I wanted to keep this car forever!

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
If I experience one more gauge failure the car goes on the block and along with it my planned purchase of 2 other Ford cars and 1 Ford truck. So very disappointing; I wanted to keep this car forever!

WO MAN, RELAX.

Don't make such drastic thoughts. Ford seems to be now paying attention to this issue and hopefully something will happen.

I had a failure also but have come to realize gauges working or not I am keeping my car. :biggrin

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Puzzling issue for sure, I hope Ford will step up to the plate, sooner than later.

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Viper Joe, I hear you. I have very negative feelings about this guage problem. As a result of the temp. and tach guages being out on my car, I have not driven it much. Still run it to keep fluids circulating, but not enjoying as much. An awesome car in every other respect. When I finally decided to bite the bullit and at least get the temp guage replaced, I find they are backordered until whenever. I will order from Torrie as he was able to match discounted dealer price. If someone offered me what I paid for it plus mods, I'd seriously consider selling, but that price is not going to happen.

On a brighter note, my 2011 GT500 SVT package should be here in a week, and I'm hoping for full guage function:lol