Ford GT team in the American LeMans series

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
I am currently sitting in my house watching the Petit LeMans at Road Atlanta...when the announcers on Speed Channel say that next year there will be a Ford GT team and a Viper Team competing in GT2. I say this will be worth a visit to Sebring or Road Atlanta! Maybe a Ford GT get-together at one of these events? Just a thought.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Were they talking about Kuttner-Doran?

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
sounds interesting ... just turned it on.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I am currently sitting in my house watching the Petit LeMans at Road Atlanta...when the announcers on Speed Channel say that next year there will be a Ford GT team and a Viper Team competing in GT2. I say this will be worth a visit to Sebring or Road Atlanta! Maybe a Ford GT get-together at one of these events? Just a thought.

Heard the same.

I vote for Road Atlanta :thumbsup [I need to get over to the Panzo Factory - parts needed].

Didn't hear a Team name mentioned.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
I'm in for Road Atlanta .... have a B&B about an hour out of town can house up to 14 people.

Also have a friend that owns one in town that could house another 10. parking is not secure there though ... at the other place ... cops would sit there all night just looking at the cars.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
whoa .... did you see that crash?????

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX

Doran is running the Maserati 12 cyl. car against the Vettes in GT-1. I talked to their mechanics at the ALMS race at Road America and they confirmed having a Ford GT car in the works for next year.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Doran was mentioned in this next weeks Autoweek as running a GT next year.

And they have a GT availiable for the rent-a-racers out there.:thumbsup

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006

Jeff ... wanna? :biggrin

Automotive8r

Feb 8, 2007

Corvettes to challenge Porsches and Ferraris in ALMS GT2 in 2008

Posted Oct 6th 2007 6:33PM by Sam Abuelsamid
Filed under: Motorsports, Sports/GTs, Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford

General Motors still hasn't announced whether the factory GT1 Corvette C6Rs will be return to the American Le Mans Series in 2008, but there will be 'Vettes on the grid next year. Riley Technologies is building a pair of GT2 C6 Corvettes that will be run by Lou Gigliotti's team. GM has approved of the program, but they are not directly involved. They aren't the only new entrants in the GT2 class. Primetime Race Group will be preparing a customer Dodge Viper with factory support that is expected to debut at Sebring and Doran Racing is prepping a Ford GT. The GT2 class looks like it might the series to watch in 2008 with Porsches, Ferraris, Corvettes, Vipers and a Ford GT.

[Source: American Le Mans Series]
:banana:cheers:banana

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I talked to Oliver Kuttner on the phone earlier this year about the effort. They were trying to get it done for this season, but it's good they are getting it going for 08!

MWG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Northern California
Doran was mentioned in this next weeks Autoweek as running a GT next year.

Autoweek article: http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071005/FREE/71005007/1024/FREE

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
FGT in 08 ALMS

Laguna Seca 08 - count me in!

Ed

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
GT2 Homologation??

What powertrain will the GT be running in GT2 trim? I thought that supercharged engines were not permitted in the LeMans series? Article states that the competitor Corvette C6 powertrain is the 'standard' V8.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Laguna Seca 08 - count me in!

Ed
Another West Coast GT Forum Event! Oh yeah - Ed count me as #2 on the list. Jeff

Bill M

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2007
Races

I'm in if anybody goes to Sebring for the 12hr. Will be racing the Vintage races there anyway.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
WE SHOULD BOOK A BLOCK OF TIX AT THE FLAG ROOM AT LAGUNA.... be a kick!

Can a new GT owner join you at the Laguna Race? If so.....I'm in!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Can a new GT owner join you at the Laguna Race? If so.....I'm in!

Yes, of course your welcome:thumbsup

wb1

Apr 21, 2007
Sebring, Fl.
Ya'll look at fordgttv.com. This is Oliver Kuttner's web site. I talked to him and some of his people at the 12 Hours last March and they act like kids with a new toy when they talked about this project. They gave me a DVD called Quest:LeMans that is quite interesting. They were offering the DVD free on their site. I write for our local paper on occasion, and am covering Winter Testing this year, and Kuttner/Doran are supposed to be here. If ya'll want I'll try to post some pictures. Winter Testing is also open to the public, for the first time, for $10 per day. Also, if ya'll are interested, SIR has corrals for other marques and if they were contacted early enough, might do the same for GTs. Thanks,
John